1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea and Punto clutch life

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Justin Das, Apr 4, 2012.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    80000 Kms on original clutch and still could have have gone further but got it changed just for precaution was going for a 5000 kms tour.
  2. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    How much labor for the clutch change ?

Mine is @78000 and no slippage , so don't want to change it yet.
  3. magnan

magnan Amatore

Jaipur, Rajasthan
    Mine is 80000+ and going strong.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 12, 2015 ---
    Can you put some light on how that mechanic corrected vacuum pressure, if you watched his process?
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  4. @Romeo

@Romeo Novizio

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Update : Took the car to Pandit day before. There was visible black smoke from exhaust. Reason found - turbo hose had a cut. Issue resolved by replacing the part. Discussed regarding clutch. SA said clutch is little bit stiff however no need to replace. It will stiffen as the time passes still no need to worry. Clutch will never stop working due to stiff operation. Henceforth will stay away from SKY MOTO.
  5. ShanGan

ShanGan Timido

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea Classic
    Hi Friends,
    Can you please clarify what will be life time for a clutch in fiat linea classic plus, my vehicle hardly hit around 18k (in 10 months), now i could not change gear, its very hard and sometimes the pick up at gear change also gets dropped. When checked with service centre, they said that clutch assembly has to be changed. My question how can clutch can wear out at so early, please don't try to justify it depends upon the driving style, this is my third vechile in past 10 years, for my earlier vehicle swift i changed the clutch assembly at 50k.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @ShanGan,
    Nothing there to justify for or defend Fiat either. It is a fact that half-clutch and excessive traffic conditions and multiple drivers can cause early clutch malfunction. It is also a fact that sometimes in some cars from any manufacturers let alone Fiat, such clutch issues happen. Could be a manufacturing or batch issue...no easy way to tell.

Write an email to Fiat and ask the service center too to shoot an email to people in Fiat to ask if this part can be changed perhaps in goodwill considering its early issue.

Do also make sure first that there is no issue with clutch slave or master cylinder. Better if possible take opinion from another FASC.
  7. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    Dear All,

my punto is nearing 50k and it has completed 3 years, under extended warranty and faced trouble while engaging reverse gear and when went for Service Camp they advised to replace the clutch.

can i claim extended warranty? quote for clutch replacement was around 11.5 k .

SA rejected warranty claim saying clutch wear is not covered under extended warranty.

Thanks
  8. sudipz

sudipz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    hi everyone,

have a Dec'10 TJet, done about 44K kms in the 4+ yrs now, and went into the 4th annual service last week, was told this is a major service - all fluids got replaced + air filter etc, cost ~10k!

alongwith had mentioned about slight pick up issues (as if there were air bubbles when I was accelerating the car) - Lobo, SA at Torrid came back asking for a clutch change. took a week as part wasn't in stock (madness!) a link rod was changed too with this. total was about 14k including labour and taxes.

the other complaint was on breaks whistling when applied - was asked to change discs and pads - skimmed the discs and put new pads.

coming back to this thread, my clutch could have run another 5K as per SA & it seemed he did a favor by not changing other related parts - I thanked him.

i think a lot depends on the city you're driving at too. Avg speed of my car so far (city 9-11kmph) hence extensive use of clutch. I'd have been happier to run it a little longer however I prefer fuss free cars :)
  9. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    @sudipz

Thanks for the suggestion , I asked SA on how long the the clutch can last. He advised it can last Few thousand kms and it was suggested on the basis of preventive maintenance before next service @60k .
    So clutch replacement is avoided as of now.
  10. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Friends,

Got a quote from FASS on the Clutch replacement.

Clutch Kit - 4964
    Release Bearing - 640
    Master Cylinder - 1560
    Slave Cylinder - 2700
    Transmission Oil change - 575 (Tutela)
    Clutch Fluid - 400 (Tutela)
    Labour - around 2500-3000

Please let me know if these are good enough.
    FASS is suggesting to complete replacement of Clutch Kit/CSC/CMC with fluids replaced.
    Mine is done 51000kms and getting hard gears since last 2weeks in all gears.