1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea and Punto clutch life

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Justin Das, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1,37,000 Kms still with stock clutch.2011 Punto 1.3 Mjd.Expecting to go for another 20K Kms. Gears movement is still smooth precise with just finger push and into proper slot.
  2. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    91000 kms on stock clutch..Going strong
    Ganges and jumu like this.
  3. @Romeo

@Romeo Novizio

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi, yesterday I gave my vehicle for certain rear wheel alignment related issue at FASC. SA told me that clutch needs to be replaced as it has become hard. He also said there is drop in pick up. As of now I have not yet felt any such issue related to loss in pick up. Yes clutch is not same as day 1. If I check clutch hardness of my Punto and my friend's 1 year old punto, I can very well say that my clutch is little bit hard however not significantly. Mine is 90 HP 2011 model, 69k kms done. Apart from this car has started giving difficulty while slotting reverse gear. Reverse does not engage immediately, it makes noise. I need to slot in neutral and then again slot in reverse. This issue is started since last 10 k kms as far as I remember. Now I want to know if there are any specific symptoms that clutch is nearing its end of life or I will have to blindly believe on what SA says and replace the clutch.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    These are all the symptoms of clutch failure. I will suggest you to get it replaced. By the way, which FASS Are we referring?
    @Romeo and PradeepM like this.
  5. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    mine has run 60k and no problems with clutch at all except some stiffness..which went away after clutch bleeding....
    @Romeo likes this.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Romeo, You can always wait till you feel the car feels difficult to move or shifting of gears becomes too tough. No need to rush. There are instances on this forum where cars have been running much more than this like in @Ganges 's car. However later if there is pickup drop and FE drop then you could consider the clutch replacement. Flywheel need not be replaced in most cases, adding to the expenses.
    @Romeo likes this.
  7. @Romeo

@Romeo Novizio

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ pabhishek : Sky Moto Akurdi
  8. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I will suggest you to take another opinion from pandit people too.
    @Romeo likes this.
  9. @Romeo

@Romeo Novizio

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yes, better I will wait for some more time. I have decided to show the car to service manager of other FASC who is friend of mine. However he is 150 kms away from here, at my hometown. Next visit to my hometown and I will take his opinion too.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 25, 2015 ---
    Yes, they are far better in terms of quality of work and overall satisfaction. I am thinking of shifting to Pandit anyways for all the work in future. Sky moto is very close to my office hence convenient too. Sky moto was initially good, nowadays they are downgrading themselves.
    pabhishek likes this.
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In my case, there is no problem what so ever in slotting forward gears. But while engaging the reverse gear, I notice grinding noise and difficulty in slotting (shall engage the reverse gear only after the car is stationery). So, off late have got into habit of slotting it into 2nd gear and then shift to reverse, it works perfectly fine (no hardness, no grinding noise). Mine is 2012 Punto with @40k kms on board. Is it a matter to worry is my concern.