1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea and Punto clutch life

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Justin Das, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Samy Alamuri

Samy Alamuri Amatore

Bhimavaram, India
    Finally had the flywheel resurfaced and now clutch is butter smooth
    was charged 2k for the job
    asimpleson likes this.
  2. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi All,
    Thank God, there are no such complains from T-Jeters. My T-jet leaped just 33000Kms, no such issues even in our colder/and or subzero climatic conditions, only shockers feel stiff making some sounds while crossing over speed breakers in winters. After few kms it comes to normal functioning.
    OK, My-Palio had some hard gearing/clutching problem ,presently at 71000kms odo reading, the mechanic released some pressure from some cable in engine-bay but the problem of hard-gearing still persisted. I was upset with this because there is no FIAT SC in our city. But, last week the battery failed which was replaced with brand new Exide-MDIN50, to my surprise the hard-gearing problem disappeared to nearly no-issue of hard-gearing.
    Now enjoying both the "tanks" Palio and T-jet for city and highway driving,respectively.
    My suggestion to all those who face problems of any kind in life...."Don't dwell on problems,focus on solutions",because every problem has a solution.
    punto_emotion and VIJENDRA SINGH like this.
  3. Samy Alamuri

Samy Alamuri Amatore

Bhimavaram, India
    Ya some issues comes only for selected car i guess:p
  4. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Went to kht fiat for the clutch and pick up issue. Surprisingly, the issue was not with the clutch but with the injector. The mechanic just drove for 15 minutes and diagnosed it. As explained to me, the vacuum pressure was not correct and the injector was not responding to it. He cleaned it and rectified the vacuum pressure. Now, my punto back to form with butter smooth gear shift, clutch and nice pick up.
  5. manishkalyan

manishkalyan Timido

gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    hi guys i am facing a problem in my punto 2011 dynamic .whn i press the clutch till floor ..engage to 1st gear ...then a lil bit cluch release makes the car go forward with a jerk ... in other diesel cars half cluch release makes it go further. hope u guys are gettin my point. i got it 2nd hand frm mahindra first choice.
  6. magnan

magnan Amatore

Jaipur, Rajasthan
    75000+ Km and my Punto is excellent in this department.
    Btw clutch should not make a problem:- 1. if you know how to drive a car and 2. It does not have any manufacturing defect.

Still, every machine has a certain fixed lifespan beyond which it can not be stretched.
    I think a good brand clutch should have life of more than 1,00,000 kms, which Punto is appearing to have.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  7. manishkalyan

manishkalyan Timido

gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    hi guys ..please reply to my post
  8. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    @manishkalyan
    if i remember correctly we can adjust the clutch cable and ask any mechanic he will adjust it for half clutch.
    If still the same issue occurs then you may have to replace it.
  9. manishkalyan

manishkalyan Timido

gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i thought hydraulic clutch cant be adjusted.....< i am not sure about this information given by a road side mechanic ..

i just have this problem rest of the car is perfect upgraded to 185/70/14... yokohama adrive

just facing this problem dont want to change clutchkit ..now
  10. Tajinder Singh

Tajinder Singh Timido

Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    94K, still not facing any clutch related issue. 2009 Linea 1.3MJD
    A little bit of grumbling noise i get sometimes with the reverse gear, other then that its all good.
    Ganges likes this.