1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea and Punto clutch life

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Justin Das, Apr 4, 2012.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    The jerkiness while driving means there could be problem with prior installation. Most people do not need to change the flywheel so early. The problem might be with the installation. Beside there could be other issues which must be checked for this issue you are describing. Maybe you need a third mechanics opinion on this issue or going to FASC which is too far for you.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. Pramod N

Pramod N Amatore

Bangalore
    Anyone to suggest on this???
  3. Samy Alamuri

Samy Alamuri Amatore

Bhimavaram, India
    yes thank you should do that asap
  4. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is way too early for the clutch to fail.. that sign is an indication of clutch slippage though. if you go through the thread, you can see people got it under warranty, till 45000kms. I believe it should be covered under extended warranty. Just keep arguing , even if extended warranty tries to reject it ..
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Samy,
    I had jerks problems in traffic at 1 lak 10k kms.At the same time I had to replace with new battery , after replacing with new battery I didn't faced any issues with jerks. So battery solution worked for me. Clutch is still going on strong on my pinto crossed 1 lakh 21k kms .
  6. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    Experience from my side .. a friend of mine-TFIian has got punto 90Hp sports and its still on its stock clutch and have done 75K kms till date in approx 2 year. driving conditions City + Highway.

My 75 Hp has done 82K kms in 5 Years and on its second clutch..both going still strong!!! :)
  7. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  8. Samy Alamuri

Samy Alamuri Amatore

Bhimavaram, India
    Hi
    wow 1lac + kms still didnt replace clutch ?thats something good to hear :)
    I had replaced my battery already after 2year +some months after purchase
    got amaron 45 amps(this might be the problem ? )
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    OT : Ganges, make sure you get it cleaned and boxed in a glass with a label whenever it goes for replacement. ;)
    Ganges likes this.
  10. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    50800 kms and clutch feels as it was on the very first km.