1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea and Punto clutch life

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Justin Das, Apr 4, 2012.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    There is always a risk. How many kms has it run and is this the first or second clutch replacement.? You might consider keeping the flywheel untouched.
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Don't think a dual mass flywheel can be resurfaced
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    It can be done, just needs some adapters, the right rotary surface grinder and right skill levels coupled with thorough knowledge of how much to skim-off.
  4. Pramod N

Pramod N Amatore

Bangalore
    Guys, My GP Nov.2011 purchased... done 26400kms... is having an issue with the Clutch... There is a increase in the rev, but no pulling power.
    Wanted to know, if this can be covered in extended warranty.
  5. Samy Alamuri

Samy Alamuri Amatore

Bhimavaram, India
    done 45,700 till date had replaced clutch at around 40k kms
    the problem im facing is the jerks when driving in traffic.
    dont know what to do.
    one mechanic is saying to surface it while the other one is insisting in doing so(his reason-might decrease pickup)
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    If clutch is replaced at 40k kms ask the SC about what they can do to resolve issue. If youve done the job from private mechanic ask him further. If resurface is done wrongly, excessively, it can cause problem. Generally, no manufacturer approves it. Change of flywheel can be the last solution.
  7. Samy Alamuri

Samy Alamuri Amatore

Bhimavaram, India
    yes done work at private mechanic SC not available nearby have to drive 300-400kms if needed
  8. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    @ around 24K I felt like replacing the clutch. I did post few threads on TFI, I am still not clear how this got rectified on its own.

Engine was revving on its own and I felt like its time to replace clutch. Now its 44K, did not replace the clutch.

Try to get the vehicle checked once at Fiat Service
  9. RAJ

RAJ Timido

COIMBATORE
    I have done 78000 Kms on my Punto 90hp 2011 model and the clutch is still going strong.
    Daily average drive is 80 Kms.to 100 Kms.
  10. Samy Alamuri

Samy Alamuri Amatore

Bhimavaram, India
    thats good to hear :)
    anyone please suggest what to do with that flywheel im confused