1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea and Punto clutch life

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Justin Das, Apr 4, 2012.

1. mastdheeraj

mastdheeraj Timido

New Delhi
    Clutch overhaul in 2009 Linea

I need some advice for my 2009 Linea petrol clutch overhaul. I have been advised by Tuli FIAT and other local mechanics to get the clutch changed, the ODO reading is 78500km. The problem is stiff 1st gear and grinding sound when trying to put in reverse.

Now, Tuli FIAT has quoted approx. Rs. 7000 including labor charges for clutch overhaul. I can get the original clutch kit on 99rpm.com for about Rs. 3500. I asked the Bosch service station in Delhi and he quoted Rs. 2000 as labor charges.

Should I get the job done outside authorized service station or by a local mechanic with original parts?
  2. mastdheeraj

mastdheeraj Timido

New Delhi
    Job done at FASS, posting some photographs.

lift.jpg

Old clutch and pressure plate

Old clutch.jpg

Flywheel

Flywheel.jpg

Gearbox

Gearbox1.jpg Gearbox2.jpg

New Clutch plate

New clutch.jpg

New pressure plate

New pressure.jpg

Engine side

engine.jpg

After installation

Installation.jpg

Have to say, the car feels brand new.
    2 people like this.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Clutch, timing chain etc. should be done at FASS/FASC as it gives better peace of mind. You did the right thing Dheeraj. Clutch must be better soft now. :)
  4. mastdheeraj

mastdheeraj Timido

New Delhi
    Right, its buttery smooth now. I'm happy :p
    1 person likes this.
  5. ng13

ng13

India
    Even i have just got my clutch changed at DSR Fiat Gurgaon. It is a newly opened workshop. Just driven it 10 km after the work. But feel happy with the work done.
    1 person likes this.
  6. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Thanks cgujral for pointing out that clutch pressure plate and release bearing are covered under extended warranty. In my case Vecto motors denied me extended warranty inspite of giving me in writing that the issue was pressure plate. I have shot an email to FIAT and asked them to give me a refund.

Here is the link to my email to FIAT

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/service-c...rerana-motors-bangalore-43.html#post841898104
  7. jainabhishek8

jainabhishek8

gurgaon
    punto clutch cylinder roblem

I had a clutch failure on my punto petrol 2009 model, 33k kms driven. Seems to me the spring of the clutch pedal has gone for a toss, since my pedal could not come to the original position. no gears can be engaged (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efc91FDYHnc). The car was towed to Torque motors gurgaon. The SA immediately asked for clutch cylinder replacement (rs 2700) + break fluid top up and additional labour charges. Powered with the knowledge from this thread I was aware that 2009 punto have cylinder problem and the plastic one should have been replaced by steel by Fiat long before. The SA agreed to it and done all the free of cost. I just had to pay for break fluid (370 rs per liter).
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I didnt know they replace it for free..
    Was yours a one of case or do all 2009 models get it for feee

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
  9. jainabhishek8

jainabhishek8

gurgaon
    Yes free for all 2009 model. They call it goodwill warranty. To be clear it's not the whole cylinder but the plastic nozzle part of it. The original cost of this part is around 400.
  10. Samy Alamuri

Samy Alamuri Amatore

Bhimavaram, India
    Can resurfacing clutch flywheel will cause drop in pickup of the car ?? Was told like that by a fiat technician