1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea and Punto clutch life

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Justin Das, Apr 4, 2012.

1. My car is a fiat linea emotion+ diesel .its well maintained car unfortunately the clutch completed its life at 36 k(i dont have the habit of resting foot over clutch).On enquiry i came to know that the maximum life of clutch is 45 k and almost all fiat vehicles need to change the clutch at 35k-40k period.if any of the forum members faced this issue please share.
  2. maverick

maverick Amatore

I think its too early for the clutch to fail, there are people in this forum who have covered more than 50k without changing the clutch. Ask for a replacement under warranty since this almost sounds like a premature clutch failure.
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Clutches lasting only 35k-40k in Fiat vehicles is b**sh*t. What is the problem that you are facing in your clutch?
    I have completed 60k kms without touching the clutch and it can still go further
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2012
    3 people like this.
  4. anand3636

anand3636 Amatore

Cochin (KL - 44)
    I seriously think there is this clutch problem with 2009 mjd lineas. My cousin's linea had the clutch cylinder replaced when the odo was just 7000 kms in 2009. Again last weeks his linea was towed to coimbatore from kotagiri (his son studies there)'cos clutch cylinder got jammed. odo reads 41000. anyway my punto has done 23000 kms so far and no issues has come up. thank god.
  5. Clutch Failure

The issue was hard gear change.While trying to change the gear have to give extra force. then the reverse gear makes sound even with full clutch depressed.Visited two service centers both advised and same and told me that its not a premature clutch wear Fiat warranty clutch only for 45k and most of the vehicles will not pass 40k(both punto and linea ).

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

my car is 2009 model so no more warranty.any way changed the clutch kit.It costed me 8000rs.When i ride the car immediately after the clutch change the steering felt heavy and hard to handle the car.immediately contacted the service center for a fix now they are trying to find what went wrong

Ys there was problem with clutch slave cylinder units of old lineas.fiat already issued the fix.Tata dealership failed to inform the affected car owners as a result breakdowns are reported across india with the same issue.
  6. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @anand3636, my friend , it was a clutch-slave cylinder replacement given by FIAT you are reffering to.
    Earlier it was plastic made & later they came up with metal one.

What ever you are saying about is half truth bro. Its CSC which failed & got jammed, not whole clutch kit is gone. And for that FIAT is giving replacement. Please don't spread false word about it.
  7. PranavOne

PranavOne Amatore

Chennai
    I agree with maverick, seems clutch failure occurs earlier atleast 15000KMs
  8. kvk

kvk Amatore

Bangalore
    Mine is 2009 Linea, they changed to the plastic CSC when I went in for the 1000 km check up and recently when I went in for the GC upgrade concorde motors changed the plastic to steel one.
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Replaced CSC at 1st service. Still clutch of my 90 HP is dragging. Odo is 10 k.
    Even I fully press paddle there is feeling of not complete disengagement of clutch.
    I can clearly notice that clutch is partially engaged even I press clutch paddle fully.

Gears are shifting in vague manner,hard & notchy
    I had replaced clutch assly of my former 75 HP at 33 k.

IMO as fiat cars are heavy & with short gear ratio,clutch life of fiat cars is short as compared to light- weight korean & japanese cars.
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I had met a contractor in TASS who had a linea completed 1.5 L. When I asked him whether the car had any problem he told, "there is no problem with the car". I think since there were some incidents happened, we cannot generalize the problem. Fiat cars are discussed more since we have a very active forum and then naturally more problems seems to surface out.
    Aviral singh and Sat-Chit-ananda like this.