1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea Alloy Wheels Lifespan

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by sivarmn, Sep 22, 2014.

1. sivarmn

sivarmn Timido

Chennai
    Hi,

I have got fiat linea emotion. I have done almost 42000 kms. One of the alloy wheels is bent and needs to be replaced. what is the average lifespan of the alloy wheels. Just wanted to know whether it was because of bad maintenance from my part or just that it has come to the end of its life.

any alloy wheel models you guys suggest or should i go for the fiat one itself.

Thanks...Siva
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Since other 3 alloys are fine, so it is not because of life of Alloy, the bent one might have got hit somewhere.

Since you need to replace just one, buy it from Fiat itself. If you plan to replace all 4, looks for other options as well, but hard to find 98PCD alloys in market.
  3. sivarmn

sivarmn Timido

Chennai
    Hi Ravi. thanks...

the original one is around 10000 for a single wheel.
    The HRS Taiwan one is around 26000 for 4 wheels. I was thinking if I should go for this in case my other wheels also might end up with the same problem. that's why wanted to check if it has come to the end of its life. One of my friend said that 40000 kms is average for alloy wheels. Is that so?
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I don't have much idea on aftermarket alloys, have a look at http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/aftermarket-alloys-discussions.5963/ thread, if it helps.
    This is certainly not true.
    If alloys doesn't get hit and bent/broken, it should span lifetime of car.
  5. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    This what I had an impression that alloys has lifespan of car unless something wrong happened to it.

Even rubber tyres run for 60-70k. For alloys this should be certainly high. Senior owners please throw some light on this.
  6. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    40000 kms as life time for alloys?:wtf: :banghead:.You need to stop taking advises/lend ears to that particular friend related to car immediately.

Exactly, it will come for the life time if not abused.

Ravi has already commented reg the life time, what else you need clarifications on ?:confused: