1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea A Mistake.....

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Piyush, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piyush

Piyush

I would love to feel the same.....but to my surprise....another problem just noticed some time back..... there was a leak on the wind screen....the SA says it just happens somtimes......i have never heard of something like that happen on any other car before....please comment....and can some one please tel me the cost of the new ground clearance kit for linea....
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I suggest you to first change your service station. Too much of pessimistic approach by the service people. That is what I could be able to feel from your posts.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Please do a search in forum for members from kolkota and they can help you to get in touch with a better service person.
    Does water entering inside? I know that there was a crack incident of the windscreen in one of the member(vahan pujari) and he had changed his windshield.
    GC kit is 13K in Goa.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @Piyush

Pictures and proof of ownership please.

I know you will find it a tad bad that i'm asking this from you, but being a Moderator comes with it's share of recieving brickbats. We must weed out the trolls from the genuine cases.

Regards,
    Gurjinder.
    6 people like this.
  5. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Piyush, sad that you had to face issues. While I agree that some TASS can give a hard time, however after sales of other brands is also not much to talk about. For example, Hyundai is known for charging high costs for servicing. Also, for problems that are not common; after sales guys usually mess up - this may not have much to do with the brand. If you can spend some time at the service station and inspect the job yourself it may help - yes it may be too much to do this but atleast it will save you the trouble of visiting TASS time and again.

Linea is among the best cars available under 12 lacs today and believe me, no other car can come close to it.
    1 person likes this.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I am fully satisfied with the service rendered by Concorde Motors, Bangalore [Mysore Road/Dairy Circle]. Agreed, the service standards are different in different parts of the country. But, I had a pleasant experience with Lexus Motors, Kolkata.
    Again, I have not faced this issue in 3 years and 47 k km ownership of my Linea. I had good experience with Lexus Motors, Kolkata. During my Bhutan trip, my Linea's front left shock-absorber needed replacement at Kolkata. Lexus Motors, Budge Budge Trunk Road, Rampur, Kolkata sourced it from their other outlet as they didn't have stock of that particular item and I could leave for Guwahati the same evening. The details are here.
    I fully disagree with this statement.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
    3 people like this.
  7. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    I am sorry to hear you say that PIYUSH, but like others I am driving a Linea for more than 2 years now and about 33,000 Kms, there has been no plastic breaking incident, of either fuel lid/ bonnet lever, no water seeping from anywhere, I agree the plastic quality is low, but it's not as low as to break on using them, as for the TATA workshops please do not indulge in their pessimestic attitude, they are accustomed to TATA vehicles, and to tell you the truth if you enter a MANZA you would know that the plastic quality and finishing of FIAT is far better then what they have on offer.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    If Fiat gives top plastics quality then we have to buy punto at the price of many sedans and Linea is a vehicle of the civic/corolla/fluence class sold at much lower price. So if they are not giving the best plastics, they are giving the best cars for that price. I don't have any complaints about plastics quality as they are descent.
    1 person likes this.
  9. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Talking about plastics ? Recently my daughters school bus hit my Linea while reversing. The rear bumper went inside and came out !!!
    The driver came out, nervous and scared, then wiped the bumper area with his cleaning cloth, thats all, everything was ok except a scratch mark.
    People in my building told later that Linea indeed is solidly built.
    5 people like this.

10. Honestly I do sympathize for your situation Piyush.Even I am from Kolkata,and people from kolkata only can understand what problems we go through.Right from the sales to the after sales everything is managed by a bunch of good for nothing people.
    Spare parts problem has been in kolkata since the launch of the car,and it hasnt changed yet,and neither will it I think.The situation is better only down south(which is exactly opposite here).
    I have serviced my car in Bangalore at KHT,and there the whole experience was professional,but in kolkata right from the security guard to the service advisor demands baksish,if you dare say no you will find something missing from your car for sure.The Clutch slave cylinder in my car busted in the second year itself,and for RSA they demanded 3000k.Even for replacing the CSC free of charge we had to fight and wait for almost one month.It is indeed a painful experience here.

My family,friends thought I am crazy enough to think of buying Punto again.But well once having driven a FIAT i cant find the same satisfaction in any other car.

My advice to you Piyush is dont loose hope buddy,try different service centre,it might help.(As a matter of fact every car in kolkata has a painful experience,be it Maruti,hyundai etc.The problem lies with the attitude of the people mostly)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.