1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea A Mistake.....

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Piyush, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piyush

Piyush

When I first bought my Linea it was the best thing in the world.......but slowly things started to change.....and today i feel it was a big mistake....

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

New buyers please beware..... the service people are not at all trained in most work shops to repair this car....and spare parts are rarely found......the maintainance cost is beyond imagination for this class of vehicles....I have faced innumerable problems which I will elaborate on the posts that follow...
    1 person likes this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Dear Piyush,

Welcome to TFI.

Sad to hear that you say it was a mistake. It would be better if you could share more details and why you feel this way. I am asking this as a happy owner of a Fiat Linea.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Piyush, you better write your experience before imposing your opinion here.
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I have to totally disagree here. Probably you may have to read the following two ownership threads to know how much is spent on the maintenance of Linea.

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/linea-1-3-mjd/5865-poetry-wheels-my-linea-mjd.html

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/linea-1-4-fire/116-my-fabulous-fiat-linea.html

For the record, I am spending less for my Linea than my earlier Getz towards the maintenance.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
    2 people like this.
  5. Piyush

Piyush

My Opinion is an opinion and not ment to be imposed on any one.... lets start from the begining....there was a problem with the diesel filter in the first 6 months of the new car....they said there is water in ur fuel tank I agreed readily and asked for the solution which was to remove the entire tank and clean it up....after they did this I filled a tank full of fuel and the fuel was leaking....i went back they said they will look into it they kept the car for another day and gave it back as repaired....but to my surprise with the same issue....it happened 3-4 times and went on for a month.....as i needed the car and could not return the car instantly...then on my last visit they finally came to realize that a ring in the tank was missing which of course they didnt have in stock....it took them anothe r 3 months to get the ring and fit it up correctly.....thats only reason 1

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

this car has very poor plastic quality....the boot opening lever, the bonnet release lever, the diesel tank release lever, are pretty bad and tend to come off.....
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Which City are you from and which service center you go for issues?

If you first put some details, it would look nice.
    I assume you must have seen the car before buying and these things should be obvious.
    BTW, you might feel these are weak, but in my 3 years of experience, nothing has come out.
    3 people like this.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    The problem could have happened with any other car. I am not defending but it has nothing to do with reliability of Fiat. It has to do with reliability of that particular dealer or that particular service person. Have you mailed this issue withing this 3 months time to Fiat India? What was the response from them . Can you the place of dealership. TASS people at many places are not up to the mark, but there are many good service centers also where people are satisfied.
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I agree with you.

Also, if you get into the recently launched Renault Duster, you will really get to know what is meant by cheap plastics. They have now set a new benchmark for this.
  9. Piyush

Piyush

I am from Kolkata....and my car is serviced at the Lexus Motors workshop.....

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

during my numerous visits to the workshop i have noticed these low quality plastics broken in other cars as well....as my service engineer pointed out....see these cars are also waiting for the boot opening lever....u r in q...and also have spoken to a few other ppl who agree with me on this....any ways the latest is that my dashbord plastic has totally lost its colour and is whitish now....the service enginner says its because of the sun....I also drive a fiesta which is a year older than this one...i dnt have any issue in that car....
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    If my memory is correct one of our member J. Ravi had visited this dealer for a suspension problem for his linea that happened during his Bhutan trip because of a pot hole and they could give the car back(after getting the parts from other dealer) without interrupting his journey. Some of the TFI members could have helped you if they come to know about this problem. Please note that Fiat customer care is one of the best in solving issues that has come out unresolved at dealer level.
    How is the car now. If it is OK please enjoy it. It is definitely the best and safest car to drive on Indian road. If it is not resolved contact the fiat India.
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.