1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea 1.4 petrol Emotion or Emotion Pack ??

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by rajesh karia, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Rajesh,

3. Avoid the teflon coating. Even if the dealer pays you to get it done , avoid it.

4. No Garware. Atleast 3M . Prices are reasonable too.

6.Dump those GT3's.Tell the dealer to exchange them atleast with Apollo Aceleres

Gurjinder.
  2. rajesh karia

rajesh karia Amatore

Mumbai
    Thanks anbk & gurjinder..

@ gurjinder any other options beside Apollo Aceleres, & since my GT3 would be new, how much should be the swap ratio in terms of price ?

also as you said a big NO to teflon coating, so should i have it done outside ?
  3. gurjinder

Punjab
    I'd thot you'll be asking the dealer to swap the GT3's to Aceleres free of cost. Do try demanding this as a complimentary gesture from the dealer. Aceleres are anyday better than GT3.

If you're gonna be changing the tires post delivery, then there are plenty of options. There's a thread on TFI listing the prices of tires TFI'ans opted for when changing their stock tires. Look it up.

And yes i said a big NO :p to''Teflon '' coating not just from the dealer but from anywhere in India. Because there is no such thing as a ''teflon coating''. Do not go for it.

Gurjinder
  4. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    rajesh what i wud suggest u is that you ask for money instead of films and teflon coating. teflon coating is just like a lolipop for customers. sunfilms cos u can buy better films outside.
    and one strong suggestion i wud give you is to change the stock tyres from the showroom so u get a better price for them and go for other tyres as gy are too too noisy. swap the tyres please.
  5. rajesh karia

rajesh karia Amatore

Mumbai
    thx karan & gurjinder, Teflon coating i hv told him not to do the same :p, film i told him i will come & choose a suaitable brand.;)

I have a critical qurey:shock: regarding Stock Tyres which would be assuming GY GT3, the dealer told that the tyre upgrade has to be done at a Pvt tyre shop.

I did a quick check in the various threads & thinking about Michelin Primary LC 195/60/15. After a lot of phone calls, one dealer offfred me this best bargain,
    the new LC's @ 5600/- a peice & GT swap @ 3500/- a peice, so it would cost me 2100/- a peice for the new M.P LC's + free wheel balancing.

My tavelling is mostly city road's & weekend highways, but i will travel to my brothers farm house in Mulshi, near Amby Valley lonawala..that 20 km strech frm Amby Valey to Mulshi is a bit on the rough side..

Also is a tryre upsize a good option & will it effect the dynamics & FE ?
    Should i go for all 5 tyres ?
    pour in your suggestions guys.
  6. gurjinder

Punjab
    Do a little survey in the market for other tires also. Like the Continental Premiun Contact 2 ( CPC2) , Yoko C drive & Yoko AVS dB .

The Michelins are rather pricey and if the reviews are anything to go by, the less expensive tires are not bad at all.

Also, upsizing to 195 65 R15 would be a good idea . For the added benefits of a more plusher ride and a bit more ground clearance. I'm quite biased towards this size than stock size.

Driving sensibly will avoid any untoward incidents on broken and potholed roads.

Gurjinder.
    P.S. Have you confirmed whether the car is coming with GT3's or Aceleres?
  7. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    3500 for the gt3 is the perfect price. go for 195 65 if possible. upsize will not impact your car's dynamic beside it will make the ride better and taller.
  8. rajesh karia

rajesh karia Amatore

Mumbai
    hi guys, the white beauty finally arrived yesterday morning, drove the kids & wife around Mumbai in the rains for 100 kms, pics & short review comming up soon. ;-)
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats Rajesh. Drive safely
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    wow enjoying the beauty in rains is a special experience. were waiting for the review.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.