1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea 1.4 petrol Emotion or Emotion Pack ??

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by rajesh karia, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rajesh karia

rajesh karia Amatore

Mumbai
    hi guys,

I have booked a Fiat Linea Emotion Petrol 1.4 Fire. I am a little confused because my original choice was Dynamic model but upgraded to Emotion which is worth with alloys, climate control A/c , rare a/c vents, ABS, rare arm rest, chrome finishing, ICE as compared to Dynamic.

But having gone tru many discussiions i have seen that most of you guys have the E+(pack) & compared to Emotion, the major upgrades are BLUE & ME, Air Bags & Steering mounted control & this upgrade is worth Rs.50 K from the base Emotion variant.

The only think which is pulling my mind is the BLUE & ME feature in E+, guys is these feature really worth in the long run ?? I am not a big day to day city traveller, its mostly weekends & long drives out of city once a month (which is the reason why i selcted the petrol variant). I think a bluetooth headset worth 2-5 k can preety much do the job of wireless communication.

Also, is it possible to play music from a Pendrive, Ipod using Aux uing an Adaptor or any other method from the Emotion HU ?

Thanks in advance.
  2. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Welcome Rajesh to this wonderful forum. Hope you have a great time here!

A wireless headset would do the trick but you will miss steering mounted audio controls and USB port. There's no AUX port in Linea's HU.

You'll get most of the creature comforts in Emotion so my advice is to go for the Emotion.

BTW, which colour have you booked?
  3. rajesh karia

rajesh karia Amatore

Mumbai
    thanks prakhar for yur prompt reply. I have booked the Bosa Nova White colour.

Also my Sales Rep told me that the "My Car" display would have more definations in E+ then E..is it true ??
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I believe "My Car" should be same, except in Active.
    If Budget doesn't permit, Emotion is a very good choice. But if budget can be managed, E-Pack is having almost everything one needs.
  5. rajesh karia

rajesh karia Amatore

Mumbai
    thx Ravi, I jsut confirmed with Fiat Coustomer Care, "My Car" has 2 more additions in E+, i.e is the Airbag Locking & Seat Belt Warning Buzzer, else all remains same.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    thats great. I think you should go for Safty features
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    +1 you may be able use ecodrive(Please confirm).
  8. rajesh karia

rajesh karia Amatore

Mumbai
    Hi Guys, a few more queries for the TFI gurus.(some naive) but yur advice is highly appriciated. I am getting my Linea probably this weekend,
    the Dealer is giving me the following as additional freebies :-
    1) floor mats.
    2)Mud flaps, i read in some forum that the Linea mud flaps scrape from the bottom due to the GC issue, so should i take those or opt for some diff ones frm the mkt ?
    3) Teflon Coating, i read that the dealer provided teflon coating is poor & crack & do more harm, is it true ?
    4) Films, mostly Garware, assuming as i saw many rolls of the same during my many visits.
    5)Reverse gear sensors with camera, duuno which model & make.
    6) Tyres, assuming the tyres would be GOODYEAR GT3 standard & i read somewhere that though they have good grip, they make a lot of noise, can i ask them for an exchange for a diff make, if yes, which make & how much should be the diffrential amount ?
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Rajesh you are getting very good deal. Go for it.

There is no other Mud Flaps avaialble in Market for FIAT Cars. We all are waiting for Moulded Mud Flaps.
  10. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Hi Rajesh, welcome to the forum. which dealer are you booking the car through? My comments:
    1. The dealer may be offering the regular mats. Try and go for the Fiat original TJet mats (details available on Fiat website). They are of good quality. I would suggest you browse through the website and check what's on offer there. Choose whatever you feel useful and ask the dealer for those.
    2. Mud Flaps: I dont think you have many options here. anyway, I have not faced any issues in Mumbai city, or in the drive to Lonavala. I assume you mean the Linea Mud Flaps provided by Fiat.
    3. Teflon Coating: no comments. My dealer told me he has given a coat on my car - I did not notice any difference there.
    4. Films: depends on your needs. If you use the car alot in the sun, go for a superior quality film, both for the windscreen and for the sides and rear. In my research, I found 3M CR70 and CR50/RE50 to be the best combo; VCool is also good, but its very expensive - you can try it for sides and rear. My dealer provided the cheap SP50 (it is similar to the cheap Garware you are getting), and I have not bothered with anything else because my normal use is for office commute at 8am in the morning and 7pm in the evening.
    5. Reverse Sensor & Camera: Take the Fiat original one. (Not sure if Fiat offers camera)
    6. Tyres: No comments / ideas.

You can negotiate on the insurance amount as well. Keep the option of doing the insurance on your own till the registration has to be done. I got a 6k discount there for my TJet.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.