1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by VahanPujari, May 16, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There is no consistency anywhere?:D
    Even this COVER is new to me, it was not there in my bill when I changed the clutch (under warranty though).
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    ^^
    Which is what I guessed based on TCRS experience that it should have been there when I changed the clutch at Fortune earlier.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sorry, it was NOT there, by mistake I wrote its there.
    Corrected my last post.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  4. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    I asked him but I don't remember specifically as I asked him in passing. I think he said that it's related to clutch change.
  5. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    Pending items now are:

• Suspension noise - Will have to speak to Wasan.
    • Retaining blocks/ clips to fix dampening (underneath the boneet) were out of stock.
    • Wiper scratches on windscreen - paucity of time
    • Seat Height adjustment lever Plastic cover/cap - Drive broke it. I forgot to mention it at TCRS. Costs less than Rs. 100.
    • Wheel rotation & Alignment to be done from outside.
    • Surface refinement treatment. It's almost a year and about time to dress up my Linea. :)
  6. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    VP, dont get carried away by the hot knife experience. If the grease is a wonder product, then why the others are not applying it ? The reason that I am thinking negatively about it is my experience at TAFE sometime back. when I was facing clutch issues while the car was still in warranty, I was having hard gears. TAFE did a bleeding and sent me off momentarily, When the call came later from customer care of TAFE about the service, I mentioned that the gears are still hard. They then sent a couple of mechanics to my office and told me that they have discovered something that cures the hard gears. I told them go ahead and do what is good. They applied WD 40 to the gear lever linkages. It was all butter and avocado smooth afterwards. This feeling was short lived and disapeared in a week. Ultimately the clutch was changed.

I have done 63 K on the odo and my clutch is showing hardness again. My last change was at 30K. Do the fiat clutches last only for 30- 35k kms ?. Is it because of the traffic in cities. How much kms are the rural users reporting?I am wondering if I should go for imported clutch this time. I wonder if such ear;y clutch change is acceptable in foreign countries or this low life is because VALEO is doing it at a price fiat wants. I am seriously considering this thought.

Abdul
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Abdul ji - I've done 55k on stock clutch and it includes good part in the regular stop and go traffic. It's feeling the same albeit with slight heaviness which I'm okay with.

What's the normal life of clutch if driven sanely?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Teky, pls check the markings on the clutch plate when u change it to see if it was a foreign piece.

Abdul
  9. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    Abdul,

This is my standing complaint - earlier replacement of clutch, elastic pads, brake pads/ discs etc. It's a bitter pill.

I complained clutch hardness twice before 30K kms, but it was not replaced. Then I put my foot down and got it changed at 45K kms under warranty (taking out my earlier records showing the issue was from beginning). That new clutch gor burnt somehow in 1 month. So, I changed it again (50% goodwill warranty). Thus, this is 3rd clutch change in my Linea at 75K kms (and overall 4th clutch in my car including stock one).

I'm not reading into grease etc too much. But there is a big difference in clutch (after clutch change at TCRS compared to clutch change at Fortune)

2 Elastic pads were changed in my car in Oct'10 (warranty), again 2 pads were changed in Feb'11 (warranty) and 1 pad is changed in May'12 (Paid).

Brake Pads & Brake Discs were changed at 30K kms & again at 60K kms.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I think oil seal needs to be replaced everytime you change the oil filter. I may be wrong.