1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by VahanPujari, May 16, 2010.

1. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
    I have a queer problem with the central facia (if the reference is to the panel with the headunit). The entire black vinyl numbering to select radio channels has peeled off. It looks sour with all the white patches. Dont know if my long nails are the culprit. But then confirms the low quality of supplemental parts used in the car. The black fibre portions inside out are all dull. The black vinyl on the door pillars have lost sheen. The engine & the fun to drive element of the car are the saving grace. In my 70000 kms with the car I had to incur some hefty charges at TASS. The rear shock absorber replacement (approx. 25000) which I bore without complaints, then some components of the front shocks (roughly 5000), the unanticipated rear axle change (23000 Rs., which was no fault of mine)...fiat refuses to accept this under warranty, the brake discs & pads are an eternal complaint. Even then everytime we do a long drive, the true worth of the car dawns. The troubles endured feel worthwhile. Also, puts me in two minds...whether to retain it or keep it going.
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Numbering on that central fascia panel of my Linea has also peeled off and it does look sour. This has happened fast in last 3 months and I have afeeling that my driver is the culprit. Surprisingly, I also faced similar probelms you mentioned. Rear shock absorbers leaked. I went for GC upgrade. Elastic pads are changed 3 times. Twice under warranty and last time paid.

What happened to rear axle in your car? Fiat had asked all dealers to call a batch of cars to replace rear axle. Unfortunately some dealers in Mumbai never called the customers to replace it.
  3. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
    The rear axle was sheer bad luck. I went to TASS with some strange TAK TAK sound coming from back. WIth the rear shocks being all new I was confident that it was the parcel tray or seats. I supervised the whole work in front of me at Fortune. The mechanics were trying to identify the problem by trial & error...removing the parcel tray then a test drive, removing the boot then a test drive, removing the seats then a test drive. The noise still persisted. Finally the rear dead axle was replaced & the noise disappeared. To my sheer dismay the cost of this spare is Rs. 23000/-. The original one had on external damage. No one had a clue how a rear dead axle could go kaput. I had no choice but to pay up. But then subsequently got to know from TFI about the recall. Wrote to FIAT ....the response is that there is nothing they can do to help since the car is out of warranty. The issue is the response time from them. Now that I have adamantly told them I need to be compensated for a problem which is actually due to a faulty part, they have stopped responding.

Anup
  4. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    The 2nd Windshield that Wasan Motors replaced in my Linea has some deformity which I observed. While seating from rear seat, I could see that there are a couple of spots on passenger side on the windshield where there is a slight deformity i.e. the outside vision gets a bit distorted. It's something like impurity or deformity which we get in some mirrors where the image appears a bit distorted. The spots are very small & distortion is minimal. From front seat it reduces further and almost negligible. And it's not on driver side.

I'm thinking of keeping it as it is. Do not like to send the car again to TASC. What say ? Any solution to such issue in the glass ?
  5. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    ^ Actually TASS would be the cheapest since they have done the job. However, your recent bad experiences with them will surely prevent you from going to them. So I suggest (again, like I did last time!) to go to Windshield Experts. They have a spot/scratch removal service too. No harm in trying them out. What can be worse than TASS?

OT - Seems like Fortune and TASS/Concorde (Worli) are the only two *relatively* decent service centers for us left in this major metro!
  6. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    Today while it was raining and car was running the warning message ABS not available flashed and continues to flash. I expected it to go away in the evening but it did not.
  7. How much your Linea had done till now.
  8. This may be a problem of loose ABS wire connection.This has happened in my Linea also once.Get it checked at the TASS.
  9. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    I also think that the issue would be loose connection of wires.

I do not feel like visiting TASC but will have to do it as the warning still glows. Will wait for 2-3 days it goes away on its own !!
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Most probably it should be the case of loose connection of wires.
    My friend in Hyderabad also encountered the same issue and later it was found that it was a handy work of rats :D.