1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by VahanPujari, May 16, 2010.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Yes. Ideally it should be done by TASC. But I prefer to do it myself because of following reasons:

• Am sure my Computer competancy is far far better than TASC. Also, TASC is not very much proficient about Blue & Me. It has suggested me to download patch from www.fiat-india.com website where there are no softwares for Blue & Me is available. I remembered that long back I saw this patch of language conversion on some website which I visited & downloaded the patch now.
      [/*:m:2zqk7d4i]
    • There is no point in visiting TASC again where I'm sure it would not be able to add any value.[/*:m:2zqk7d4i]

I agree with you. TASC should be more well versed with Blue & Me & should keep all these softwares & patches.
  2. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    Quick Update....

Updated the Language in new Blue & Me box y'day. Its quite easy & works like a charm now :)

Here're the steps followed:

• Downloaded the software/ patch from this link --->> http://www.fiat.co.uk/blueandme/. On the top RHS of webpage, there is a button Blue&Me help. Clicking this button opens a pop-up. On top RHS of this pop-up, there is a section "updates". You would find all softwares/ updates there.[/*:m:1j56jj6n]

• Copied that software on a blank USB stick on the root (without any folders).
      [/*:m:1j56jj6n]
    • Turned off the car completely.
    • Turned off Bluetooth in my cell phone.
    • Inserted USB stick in the USB drive in glove box.
    • Turned ON the radio, just in case if there are instructions, it can be viewed on Radio display.
    • Inserted the key & turn it to MAR position (without cranking the engine)
    • The update started with a voice command. MID also displayed "Updating Langu" message.
    • It took 2-3 minutes to complete the update. The message "Completed" displayed on MID.[/*:m:1j56jj6n]

Though I could not try exploring it much as I'm travelling for 2-3 days now, there are 2 differences I noticed immediately:

• When you start Media Player (songs from USB) by voice command, earlier the option on MID used come was "Play Anything". Now this option is renamed as "Random".
    • When I stopped Media Player by Voice command "Stop", it stopped with B&M lady saying "Stopped". Earlier she used to say "Playback Stopped"[/*:m:1j56jj6n]

I don't know which B&M version is this but certainly both above were not found in versions 5.4.09 & 5.4.11.

Those who've updated to 5.5 version, can you pls confirm above both points if 5.5 version comes with these.
  3. good to know Linolina is back to being Lina ::D . i had a question for you and all other linea owners, I noticed a black plastic thingy below the gear knob.it has threads and can be moved up and down .. does this thing do anything usefull other than covering gear rod ?? wanted to ask this question for a long time
  4. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    My apprehension/ doubt that I was overcharged for lower front bumper grill turned out to be true.

I did not get Invoice when I got the work done as systems were not working. SA mentioned the amount manually - Rs. 1300-odd for the grill + tax = total Rs. 1482 which I paid (after asking him if he's sure about the amount) & always felt that I was overcharged.

I got the Invoice 3-4 days back - Rs. 641 for the part + Rs. 200 labour + taxes = Rs. 942/-

I called & spoke to GM. The extra amount will be settled whenever I go there for any work. No issues. But, how SA's do not know about prices of the parts?

Regarding Blue&Me lady Lina - I shall have to train her again. Initially I had a difficult time to stop Media Player as Lina was not understanding "stop" voice command accent. Gradually she started understanding & complied. Now this Lina in her new avatar again decided top play games with me. Again she is not complying to the "stop" command & I had a difficult time to stop Media Player. I hope she is "heuristic" (ability to learn) & gradually complies with :mrgreen:
  5. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    VP the B&M lady fails to understand me at times too.. i dont know ive noticed this from the times rains have started.. am having a tough time to stop the Media Player..:-(
  6. Andy try to speak in american/british english accent and see if she picks up ... since this happens during rains it may be sound of rain interfering..
  7. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well i try that American accent which worked fine.. Even i felt that its cos of the rain drop noise interference which is one reason for it not recognizing me
  8. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    Agreed on accent part. Someone told me to pronounce Folder with a gap on "o" i.e. Foooolder (as per Dictionary, I guess). Its working. Lemme go back to dictionary for "Stop" pronounciation :mrgreen:
  9. VahanPujari

Mumbai
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    It is Blue N Me 5.5 Update.
    It's good that new cars and BnME unit use updated Blue N Me software. Also FIAT have updated Blue N Me hardware which now supports Ipod Touch without Blue N Me Adaptor and that box is being put in FIAT 500. Vahan Pujari try plugging an Ipod touch to see if is indeed updated hardware also.