1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea 1.4 Emotion Pk - Worthless Peice of Sh*t

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by kushan_dave, Jul 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    First thing - what's the Fire 1.4 has to do with the thread title?

I drove this 1.4 Fire for close to.24000km in the first year and today am close to 85000km in the fifth year of ownership.

The linea 1.4 makes a mockery of other cars on the road ....my experience of 5000km of highway drive just few weeks back with zero trouble just restores that faith.

Now , I wil compare a fantastic car like Linea that does 11000km in 3 years with a jazz or a I10 , only if I don't know how to take care of it..and then I should settle for the jazz in that case.

On some specifics...none of the parts you mentioned have anything to do with it being a fire 1.4

- The interior plastic quality was there for you to see when you bought the car.
    - complaining about the wipers is a joke
    - the bonnet release handle.is designed to come off n it refits easily.
    - Blue& me is an external gizmo which needs to be upgraded time to time.

Btw, get your battery and tyres checked immediately before starting a new thread about the worthless piece of shit.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
    7 people like this.
  2. kushan_dave

kushan_dave

AHmedabad
    Thanks for the replies and suggestions everyone. While some of them completely made sense, some were just utter nonsense - geez some people really need to calm down and learn how to put their points across in a mature way.

Yes, my car hasn't been used that frequently and most of the problems might be a resultant of that. The service assistants have been a little bureaucratic about this whole issue. It seems like they do know that its poorly assembled and the fit and finish are all messed up, but they do not want to take the responsibility and I've been fighting with them to resolve most of these issues since almost 3-4 months now (including the a/c upgrade to which they say that the company has stopped sending those kits and I will need to pay a little to get the upgrade). Since I do not have an extended warranty I will end up paying a lot of money to replace parts which technically should last at least for 5 years (the front bearings for example)

Anyways, thanks again for the great inputs you guys and I think without further ado, let me just go ahead and tell you that I will be selling it asap since that seems to be the best option at hand as of now.

For the i-20 and jazz, they are definitely superior cars in terms of fit finish (maybe not the engine). Im not a car geek like most of you folks around, but as a laymen, I need a car which runs perfectly without me investing too much time and money on it which Fiat Linea is not. (too some of the geeks who posted on this thread - dont get emotional about this statement ;), its just my personal opinion and how I want my cars to behave)

thanks again.
    3 people like this.
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Let us assume that Fiat cars produced in year 2010 had some quality issues. Even I had to face a few.
    But I can assure you that post fixing those minor issues there aren't anything to fail to be worried of.

mine is a 2010 model diesel car and run 27000km only. In these 2.5 years No rattles,no falling off panels. all I have to spend as genuine maintenance expense was Rs.6000. I dint had to change even the brake pads yet.can a Honda or Hyundai keep up with that?

Car is a machine and machines requires to be taken care of frequently.Even a kitchen knife ,if you keep it unused for long as 2.5 yrs will wither away and may prove useless.
    1 person likes this.
  4. kushan_dave

kushan_dave

AHmedabad
    I wouldnt say it is unused..i would simply say I use it less. I do drive it to work every other day. It just so happens that my work place is closer. Point being, car isn;t idle for more than 2 days at best.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I would say that this is really unfortunate. But can be fixed to your satisfaction for sure.

Let me assure you that Linea is not as bad car as you have projected or thought to be. Read my ownership report. I own 2011 Linea Diesel and my car was kept unused for 9 months and even after that it is perfect and running great.
    1 person likes this.
  6. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Long story short , Next time buy extended warranty and things will all fall in place.

7. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    An off-topic which the moderators may delete.

This particular thread is in bad taste with a very ofending and immature title . I m surprised it's allowed to continue with that title.

The thread is started by someone who has made a total of 4 posts in this forum in over 2 years and all 4 in this thread. This means that there has been a 3 year of trouble free experience (or trouble not worth escalating to this forum) . The trouble starts when there is an impact as there is no extended warranty and there is a cost involved due to wear n tear. The forum has to put up with such rants and mis-guided titles at the "cost“ of a wheel bearing .

Why is such language allowed from such amateur members?

2 people like this.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    really :):)?? wish you had followed this very advise of yours when you titled this thread !!
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
    4 people like this.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Guys,

Let's not get carried away.

Cheers.
    2 people like this.
  10. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Yes, the 1.4 Linea of Mr. J Ravi has scaled almost all roads of incredible Inia, why did he not rate his car under-performing? I'm not rating my Palio-1.1 under-performing though very much under-powered but the ride quality is still superb.

Moreover, I bought April-2011-manufactured T-jet in March-2012, having been stored at Dealer's stock yard for six months, but when I got it home it made me smile for 15k Km in 13 months and is going great not compromising with my driving-pleasure despite on our bad roads.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
    4 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.