1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

[Fiat Linea 1.4] 1.3 MJD clutch release bearing installed in 1.4 clutch ?

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Crazy_Eddy, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Crazy_Eddy

Crazy_Eddy Novizio

Chennai
    We got our Linea 1.4 clutch + release bearing replaced recently. I was looking at the bill and I noticed the Part # 59116565 is the diesel 1.3MJD clutch plate's release bearing.

How did they manage to install it? And what possible effects will this have?
  2. Crazy_Eddy

Crazy_Eddy Novizio

Chennai
    Just to update - Fiat Customer Service says both petrol and diesel use the same clutch release bearing :)
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Nice bit of info bro.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    As per EPer, the part number for sleeve w/bearing for Linea 1.4 is 55220302, for 1.3 75 HP it is 59116565 and for 1.3 90 HP it is 46821336.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  5. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Afaik, the 59116565 is release bearing for 90 hp engines, and during the clutch change for my palio mjd, I have been given the same in the in local market as replacement, telling that is compatible. I have got the same and
    It seems to working fine,

Suo now in effect, the same release bearing can be used for all mjds and petrols :)

Sent from my XOLO A700 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  6. Crazy_Eddy

Crazy_Eddy Novizio

Chennai
    Yeah 55220302 is the 1.4 part. 99rpm lists the 59116565 for all the 1.3MJD variants (including the Palio mentioned above). Oddly the diagrams on EPer look identical, so maybe it is the same part after all?
    MVHJHws.gif
    mAqU28k.gif
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I'll check my parts list in the evening and let you guys know.

What version of ePer is this? The diagrams will always be similar for generic items.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I was referring ePer 6.0.

@Crazy_Eddy - ePer drawings are only indicative. They do not have any measurements.

Rajan
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I checked the part lists ( the same which dealers use) and here are the results :

Punto Multijet ( 75 & 90) & Linea ( Multijet & FIRE) use the same bearing.

Punto 1.2 & 1.4 use separate bearings for each.

I do not have the T-Jet list so can't comment. But I can safely guess it will be the same as the Linea Multijet & Fire.

Cheers.
    2 people like this.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I had recently replaced the clutch kit for my Punto 1.4 and 59116565 is the part used.

Photo0891.jpg