1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Linea 1.3 MJD Low fuel Economy

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Sreeni, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Sreeni

Sreeni

Ernakulam
    hiii ...

i m new to this site ...

i own a Fiat LInea 1.3 MJD Year 2009 Km 105950 .. Recently changed timing belt and done necessary service including all shock absorbers change .

I have a query regarding the fuel economy of the car .

i am getting a city fuel economy of 9.6 KM /L ... is it good ?

If not .. pls recommend wt to do to increase the fuel economy .

I filled car with 40.20 Ltrs diesel and the range is showing 546 Km ... is it OK ?

Please help .. IMG_20140727_210225.jpg IMG_20140727_210244.jpg IMG_20140727_210517.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

Fuel Economy given above is with Full A/C in city traffic and bad roads of Ernakulam (Kochi)
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    At Avg speed of 15 km/h, you must be crawling at 1st or 2nd gears. FE of 9.6 is not unusual.
    Were you driving bumper to bumper?

Please reset the trip meter and go for a long drive. Figures should improve.
    I travelled 200 km (Cochin to TVM) yesterday early morning and got 21.xx km/l at Avg speed of 60 km/h.

BTW, are you facing the issue after timing belt change? What was FE before?
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Everything sounds OK, a trip meter reset and long drive should prove real FE. Linea MJD offers great FE at 90-110kmph speeds in overdrive i.e. 5th gear. Try to keep acceleration as steady as possible and maintain speed about 90-100 where possible and check.

As limraj mentioned overall avg speed if 60km/h or above should provide decent FE figures.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  4. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    It would have been better if you could have also posted a pic of the kms done (trip A) to get the said FE. For once, I thought the FE you posted was after the intial few kms after getting refuelled. Is that the case?

The range will change with Average FE. Its only an indication (more of a prediction), of how many kms will the fuel last, while taking into account the current FE. The FE might improve, based on the road and traffic conditions and most importantly your driving style.

BTW, my current FE is 11.5kmpl in Hyderabad's B2B traffic, driven for around 250kms. As said earlier, my aggressive driving style combined with horrible traffic and driving conditions are the major contributors.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Gone in Ninety Seconds :D . Its terrible to drive in Hyd.
  6. Sreeni

Sreeni

Ernakulam
    fuel economy posted before was in city traffic of kochi ... 70 % city drive b2b and 30 % night drives in empty roads .. i bought this car in 2014 january changed timing belt in april 2014 .. from onwards its showing the same fuel economy ..... but showed some improvement in ernakulam mannuthy highway ... it went upto 12.5 kmpl .
    full tank diesel ie 41 ltr giving me a mileage of 500- 550 Km
  7. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Before concluding if anything is unusual, could you do the below and post the results?

Go for a night drive, a rather long one. Reset your trip meter A just before you start the drive. To help you in improving FE, set the MID to show instantaneous consumption and adapt your driving to get better FE.
    After your drive, check the FE of trip A and post the results here.
    Distance A, Average consumption A, Average Speed A, Time A.