1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Lacks in Service

Discussion in 'Service Center Reviews' started by Bhushan M Pawar, Aug 20, 2015.

1. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    An FASS not having bulbs in inventory is like a hotel not having rice in its kitchen :) Imagine you go to a hotel with family, order Biryani and then the hotel owner orders 1 Kg rice from the nearby grocery store :banghead:
  2. Bhushan M Pawar

Bhushan M Pawar Timido

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    HAHAHA,,
    Even at the weekend I did not get my Vehicle....
    Now this is the limits crossed...
    prabhjot and Maxtor like this.
  3. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    One of the oldest members here. Surprisingly still owning the Linea even after more than 5 years and have gone through Fiat's "service experiences". When it comes to service, be aggressive and get things done through incessant follow ups.

But yes, OP's problem is a common problem. Lack of spares due to low Fiat numbers on the road and less appearances to the workshop due to a lengthy service interval. It is a weak area of Fiat right from it's Tata tie-up days. They know it too but don't bother about it(main revenue comes from its main business of manufacturing engines for Maruti, Tata and others, but that's another topic already debated somewhere here).

OP posted because he needs opinions and solutions and not your personal opinion on the poster, like some initial responses. Bashing a member directly or indirectly is not good whatever be his opinion and not appreciated on this forum.

Ok, so here's what to do. Just contact Fiat directly on their number(given somewhere on the forum). Used to be a guy called Mangesh who used to act very promptly. Also, call up other Fiat's other workshops(if any) to check if they have it. Lastly keep up your follow up with the dealer, specifically the General Manager or Workshop Manager directly(ask for him). Don't follow up only with the supervisor who attended to your car and who may have given you his number. Definitely not with the receptionist who picks up the phone and may keep you on hold and then come back to say that headlight still not come sir. :)
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. nirupan

nirupan Novizio

Pune
    Name of Service Center ?
  5. RAJENDRA SHINGADE

RAJENDRA SHINGADE Timido

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Fiat is worst...shameless...unethical...they are not able to solve pulling issue in my car since last 6 months...each time they ask me to visit service center and just do trials and empty out the petrol...

Problem is not solved and any compensation has not been given...i took this matter to higher authorities...no satisfactory response...
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    How can they solve the issue without trials? Have they charged you anything? Are they disavowing any warranty claim involved, actual or potential?

How serious is the left-pulling issue? Is it just a case of the steering feel giving you an accurate sense of the left-camber of most roads in India? That can be tested by say driving the 'wrong' way on a left-cambered road?

Or is it a steering calibration issue, or a wheel balancing/rotation issue or a defective set of tyres from Apollo or something to do with the suspension geometry-calibration?

Have you tried a different set of tyres, as a 'trial'?

In any case trials are unavoidable and necessary. What else do you want them to do, expect of them?

Please PM @aramico for advice, he had a similar 'issue', since resolved, more or less. He too is in Bangalore i believe.

cheers
  7. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @RAJENDRA SHINGADE I had the infamous left pulling issue on my EVO. After much of trial and error from Vecto Motors ( 3 visits to FASS & each running almost a week) the problem turned out to be the stock shoes of my ride (Apollo Alnacs). Same has been replaced under warranty & it is running smooth till now.. Touch wood.
    Though everyone's tolerance levels are different, You have to be patient and persistent with FIATS. It will reward you with trouble free (apart from minor niggles) experience. I feel it's a small price to pay for brilliant car.
    Please visit Vecto Motors to get it resolved. In fact FIAT eng. was flown down to explain the exact steps to be followed to rectify the issue. You can refer my car " BLACK PUNTO EVO 90 HP" contact the manager Mr. Channabasappa.

Cheers.
    jackharrisw, asimpleson and prabhjot like this.
  8. RAJENDRA SHINGADE

RAJENDRA SHINGADE Timido

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    The pulling started after kht fiat has done service in feb 2015. Then they tried to resolve it but failed so i visited vecto motors. They adviced me to change tyres which i did. This did not helped. They have done alignment, balancing and took trials. Each time i visit they do alignment and start taking trials. The problem could be coz of something esle but they are doing just alignment. I have charged for this then refund has been promissed but they have given yet but they have not charged me during last visit. Even they have primissed me to give petrol also but did kept their words. Each time they tell me some other problem, repair new problem and charge for it. I dont mind but they are not resolving pulling issue and made my visits as opportunities to earn. This is my 2 nd fiat but im sure i will not buy a fiat in future...
  9. Pavan Puvvada

Pavan Puvvada Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    @Bhushan M Pawar : I am also facing the spares availability issue with Skyfiat, Pune. Funny thing is they don't even have stock for gear cable assembly for Linea MJD. They have ordered and after even two weeks the part is not received to pune. One fine day given a call to CRM at SKYFIAT ( Mahesh) and given full left to right and said to him that if you need spares then I can procure from 99 rpm in 2 days. After giving a heavy dose and some deadly warnings he procured the parts in 3 days. We cannot Blame Fiat but these dealer laziness is dropping the market value of FIAT.
    Only driving enthusiasts will buy Fiat and Royal Enfields after knowing these horrible dealer stories and hearing negative publicity.
  10. shakesin

shakesin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    The onus lies on the dealer, I used to wait for their call to tell me the part has arrived, and that would often take at least a week. Now, I show them the 99rpm site, the part is available, if u cant procure it I will order it, that I have seen makes them pull their socks. And I have got the part in 2 days.