1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat key shell

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by varin11, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Dipesh_enr

Dipesh_enr Amatore

Mumbai
    I guess the transponder can be removed and placed in the new shell.
  2. U know how?
  3. Dipesh_enr

Dipesh_enr Amatore

Mumbai
    One of our fellow member "Halfclutch" has a Punto Active with this shell key::T. He has replaced the normal key with the foldable key. Please check with him.
  4. Fayad

Fayad Amatore

Tvm
    that should be right. because the rolling code has to match for the engine to start. But have you done this? to confirm if there is a working transponder or not
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Has anyone opened the case fully and checked whats inside.The immobilizer/transponder chip embedded inside the key case and is difficult to transplant and one require technical knowledge in case problem occurs.The other parts I think like spring and key blade can be easily transplanted.

One more thing can u clean the contacts to remove the carbon deposit to make the buttons work more efficiently.Can anybody elaborate the process.
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  6. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I've openend my key since it was jammed. Have a look at the pics and see if u can find what u r looking for.
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/minor-issues-questions/10941-desmodronic-key-jammed.html#
  7. a6ybamy8.jpg

I guess the transponder is a tiny chip like thing embedded in the shell plastic.. Red marked in the pic..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2 people like this.
  8. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2