1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat is one among the reliable engines in UK

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by pdydeva, Feb 25, 2013.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Topic should be "Engine & it's reliability", we are not in a sales section. FIAT's Contender for durability is MJD which was/is/will ever be most sold engine in history of India, a collective effort of top sold brands with their top sold models for nearly a decade, unlikely to be challenged ever though FIAT's models were least contributing.

By the way, FIAT sells pretty well in UK owning 3-4% of market share (which i remember in 2012).
    Toyota/Lexus & Honda hardly sells there lastime when i checked the stats.::T
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

The MJD engines are no doubt the most sought over. The best selling model of Ford i.e Ford KA too uses Fiat MJD engine. It sells like hot cakes in UK.
    1 person likes this.
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Fiat engines are sold in Tata and Maruti cars in India ,contribution of Herd mentality I believe.Otherwise best of the diesal engine is from Toyota,Petrol from Honda/suzuki
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Toyota is sourcing diesels engine from Nissan & BMW's. They hardly have one or two diesels in their line-up for their domestic market.
    In US, Toyota doesn't sell any diesel. In europe, no one buys Toyota Diesel because they are simply impotent.
    I think you need to open your mind than just getting programmed with a term "Toyota --- Toyota ---".
    Know what Toyota sells most, they don't have a reputed diesel till date.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

No Jayadev, we are not even referring to MJD engines sold in india. Consider MJD II, Multiair, 1.6MJD, 1.9JTD,1.9 twin turbo, 2.0 MJD, 2.4JTD, 2.8, 3.0 litres all fiat engines are way ahead in technology than the japanese counterparts, period.
  6. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Hope these details are for Petrol spec's not the diesel's. BTW Merc's are very precise in the technology they use.
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Italia, According to me, For small engines, it's FIAT & For bigger diesel's it's BMW. At least for now!!

For Europe, Pls note that GM (OPEL) range who are clocking nearly 4 million vehicles in Europe per year are using MJD diesels only in disguise. Yep they have the rights & tagged it different after FIAT-GM pact but it doesn't alter the story. Even the plants are same & in collaboration.
    Many of the Peugeot/Citrogen models are using MJD's in different avatars. Hyundai sources it's diesel from VM Motori.
    You are talking about undisputed KING when it come to diesel technology.

For bigger engines, BMW dominates for bigger diesels but FIAT hardly competes in that section Sub 3 ltr category.
    It's just now they have enetered into this segment with 3 ltr Grand Cherokee.
    Upcoming projects like a diesel Maserati & Maserati's diesel SUV will decide who is the real king in diesel section.

P.S. there is nothing in the above paragraph that is far from truth & not documented. You can call it whatever you wish although!
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Toyota used to be the diesel king, but not anymore.

Europeans ruling it now, in every segment - premium or economy , large displacement or small.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I concur on reliability part, still. Toyota engines are reliable whether diesel or gasoline, even today.
    Having said that Common rail indeed turned the diesel world dynamics upside down, so no point of discussing the past.
    Let's see who would be the next innovator to displace CRDI to make diesels even more unprecedented, the world is changing fast!!

Mods Note : Rational and unbiased posts or threads are not locked. Please do not post stuff that might misguide others.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2013