1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat is offering big discounts on Palio

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by Ravi, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    any news on palio?
  2. funkykar

funkykar BANNED

Bangalore
    There has been many speculations that the Palio may or may not be delivered due to some parts availibility issues. Preset state is one of the persons who booked was told that Fiat has a short fall of Power Steering units due to which work has halted. Dont know how true it is. We are still awaiting official confirmation on present state of things
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is sad. Fiat is not learning from its mistakes.
  4. funkykar

funkykar BANNED

Bangalore
    Heard from a couple of people that Fiat has officially communicated to all dealership to refund the booking amount. I personally have not heard from dealership nor Fiat on this! This is really really sad news.
  5. keshav

keshav

Bangalore
    Why did they accept the bookings if they did not have enough parts ?. I don't believe that could be the reason. FIAT this is not the way to treat potential/existing customers.
  6. i like the 2nd picture of palio 2011. i dont think they introduce palio for a year, they started to gain name in india by palio then punto, linea and 500 they have some more models to be introduced here. UNO as earlier model was not much successful now UNO as a basic entry level car to compete alto, santro, spark. and next car likely to be panda or bravo, and mostly in the end of 2011 or mid 2012 they release new palio
  7. Gautam

Gautam

Bangalore
    I checked with Concorde motors Bangalore. He told me that deliveries may happen in the last week of August or 1st week of september.
    Any have you shecked on the fiat website? Palio stile MJD is still on sale on the web site
  8. funkykar

funkykar BANNED

Bangalore
    If Fiat India is really not delivering the cars and cancelling bookings, its more or less a shame :A . When the offer was only for Fiat loyalists, I dont have words to describe. If this is the way they treat loyalists, god save the newbie customers. I too cant understand why on earth Fiat does such wierd things :confused . Only one phrase can describe their attitude best :-

"They are digging their own grave"
  9. hope they deliver the cars without any issues, and mostly they are looking for more number of bookings to produce the cars in limited editions as many of the car parts left out unassembled. if they get their expected number of bookings surely they can produce cars.
  10. funkykar

funkykar BANNED

Bangalore
    :dancing

Things are very different now! There has been some solid communications from Fiat India to all the dealerships across India. Palios 2010 will happen. Atleast for 46 lucky people who have booked. Yes, 46 cars would be delivered in the month of September. Fiat has confirmed that there has been some issues with sourcing certain crutial parts that has been a show stopper and causing unpresidented delays. They are now trying to source them from Brazil. In my opinion, this is a huge stride by Fiat India going that extra mile trying to REALLY DELIVER! Way to go Fiat.

This is not all. The others who are not part of the 46 have been set an expectation that their cars would be delivered end of September or early October. Since the wait has been a little too long, on a good will gesture, Fiat has asked all the dealerships to offer to refunt 49k and leave just 1k as a booking amount :wow . The rest would be collected later during invoicing/billing. This is reall true customer centric decision by Fiat. Those who cant wait and want to cancel will have a choice of choosing any BS3 Punto with a discount of 40k.

All going in the right direction. I hope this entire episode ends on a happy note.