1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat is offering big discounts on Palio

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by Ravi, Jul 28, 2010.

1. funkykar

funkykar BANNED

Bangalore
    I have been a great fan of Palio. I have booked one. I have booked a Stile 1.3 SDX exotica red. A few others whom I know too have booked. 5 friends of mine and a atleast 8-9 friends I knew through social networking sites have booked too.

It is really strange. Guys, the bookings that has been going on now would be freshly manufactured and given out to the customers. I heard from a PUGian (Palio Users Group), that Fiat has already received over 750 bookings. By now, my gut says the bookings could have reached 1000. Its a BS3 edition and cannot be registered within most BS4 cities. It has to get registered some where outside. These limited number of Palios are available monly on Punto shades and only the SLX and SDX models are available for booking.

Please check attached PDF that was sent as an email to many of the dealers in India.

Attached Files:

2. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    why Palio is not coming in a refreshed version ? its obivious that people still love it and can be a important entry level car for Fiat.
  3. funkykar

funkykar BANNED

Bangalore
    I too am surprised. If they made it BS4 compliant and price the SDX at say 5lac on road and SLX around 4.2 on road, it can cause serious compitition with many cars
  4. Can anyone tell me whether Fiat Palio 1.6 is available now?

Amith
  5. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    AFAIK, Palio 1.6 is no more available anywhere, not even in this Dhamaka Sale :) it is only for Palio 1.3 MJD & 1.1 Petrol.
  6. That sounds really bad!I'm sure that there will be takers for the Palio 1.6.

Btw, My uncle loves to buy the same and he'll be very sad to hear this info. :(

Amith
  7. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai
    Folks,

Just curious: Is the 1.3 MJD tuning and other related stuff of Palio similar to that of the Punto?

What are the key differences between the Palio and the Punto then?

Vroom
  8. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    Below mentioned are the differences AFAIK, if i had missed something request fellow members to add to the list:

1. Torque / BHP: Palio 75 HP & 184 NM @2000 RPM, Punto: 76 HP & 197 NM @1750 RPM.
    2. Gear Ratios are different, you can check the Websites / Magazines for the actual ratios, i dont have the data readily available with me.
    3. ECU Mappings are different in accordance with the BHP & Torque Figures.
    4. Intake Manifolds are different.
    5. Engine Mountings are different due to Chassis difference.

These are some known differences with regard to the Engine Tuning. Request the Fellow members to add to the list.
  9. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

I had also booked 1.3 SDX under this dhamaka offer in last week of May'10 but some how my booking got cancelled. As per dealer it is because of unavailability of vehicle. After that I bought GP.
  10. funkykar

funkykar BANNED

Bangalore

Thats sad to know. I guess the sales guy was busy trying to push for a newer one. Never mins, GP is an excellent choice. Happy that you stuck to Fiat :dance