1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat is not for the mild hearted

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by jaggu916, Oct 24, 2013.

1. jaggu916

jaggu916 Novizio

Coimbatore
    Moderators of Teamfiat, please note that this may not be the appropriate place to post this, but I just cant wait to pour down my passion for fiat.

Some users are ardent fans, having had fiat for generations and continue patronage while others have explored various options from different manufacturers and not finding the right car with the right mix of features like, design & style, features, fuel economy, ride & handling, service parameters, price, finally test drove a fiat and ended up buying one. I for one fall in the second category. Either case you have probably made the right choice in choosing a fiat.

No regrets.

However there were some issues with regard to TATA dealerships not handling the sales properly, availability of spares so on & so forth. If you have come this far in your Fiat experience, you know what I am trying to point out - its a great car, wonderful features and optimum price-feature balance, phenomenal fuel efficiency, total cost of ownership is low when you calculate per km, but you got to or rather had to endure incompetent TATA dealer attitude to combat the lethargy and buy this engineering marvel.

Most wouldn't last so long, but Fiatians are a breed apart, we are a cult like the enfield guys for bikes in India or Harleys in US motorways. Fiatians are like the thumps up drinkers and not the Pepsi, coke types, you are specific in your requirement and insist on it. True to that, the car lives up to the promise, sometimes it makes you wonder which car can probably replace your fiat to match all parameters, the answer most often is none. Probably only a fiat can replace a fiat.

Car literally grows on you, as you buy your new car you may complain of the initial lag, initially you do not realize it as a lag, you may say the pick up is poor, after the first 1000 odd kms you come to terms with the ranges the car does good, bad and ugly. Then comes the best part, you start trying out the economical driving modes, then the racing mode, nonetheless, over a period say 15,000 kms you start realizing that the car literally speaks to you each moment on the level of acceleration, braking, etc. I am talking when you keep the MID to instant consumption and drive, automatically you notice the average consumption starts going up. You are in communion with your car. This is the most wonderful phase of driving.

I can go on and on, but will reserve some for future posts.

The new dealership at least in Coimbatore (CAI industries) is doing a good job in terms of sales and service, hoping Fiat is on the same track in rest of the country and there are only good stories to be shared by others as well.
    13 people like this.
  2. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    +1 to that, I am driving Palio since 2007. fell in love in 2006 bought in 2007. In 2011 when I was looking for a bigger car none met my requirements except t-jet. But I was reluctant to buy then looking at the treatment I was getting for Palio servicing. Now after they announced their independence in 2013 confidence shot up. Now iam a proud owner of t-jet. Fiats are true value for money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
    2 people like this.