1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat is Family !! EDIT - Booked TJET+

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by bhavu, Feb 20, 2012.

1. bhavu

bhavu Timido

Hi all fiat pals, its great to be on board TeamFiat.It feels like Home in the company of "Car Lovers".The real world is pathetically full of only"Car Users".Hope to continue the tradition of Fiat in Our family -my school days are memorised with the Dukkar fiat,college day freaking out in Premier Padmini,followed by 118Ne after gradn and a brand new T.Mist Palio ELX in 2001 after marraige.After 10 yrs Palio still remains our prized possesion.Now m looking for Used Linea Tjet.Keeping fingers crossed to continue Fiat in our Family. What better place than TeamFiat to find my new family member...Linea T-Jet+
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Welcome to TFI bhavu.

My suggestion for you will be to look for 2011 T-Jet's from the dealers itself. They will be selling those at hefty discounts for sure. Getting a used T-Jet is almost near to impossible.
  3. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    Welcome bhavu, may you get your next Fiat soon.

and i would second ramjn's idea, someone in my locality got one after heavy discount.
  4. bhavu

bhavu Timido

Thanks ramjn and ManUTDian for your suggestions.Now a deal maker/breaker question what to choose from the 2 options?

New Linea Tjet-2011 (mfg May/June 2011) from showroom after discount Net @ Rs.9.00 L
    OR,
    Used Linea Tjet-(mfg Feb 2011-regd Oct 2011) 4.5 months old 4000km @ Rs.7.00 L

Would the resale of both vehicles remain the same after 2-3 yrs ? Only difference being i would be the 2nd owner of the Used Linea but 1st owner for the new linea.
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  5. the used t-jet offer is indeed great. more or less same manufacture date, and the mileage clocked is less too. and it hasn't been idle at least for months. definitely a deal breaka! now the question is whether u want to be the first owner or second. Answer only that question, and the rest is ok. resale will be more or less the same.
    1 person likes this.
  6. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    2nd one. 2 L is lot to lose for just getting your hand at a model that is newer by just 2-3 months. Rest is as rahul said, your own comfort w.r.t ownership.

as for resale, please don't even think of it at this moment, just pick you option and enjoy. If you use your car for more than 5-6 years, all cars irrespective of manufacturer, holds almost similar resale value.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Grab the used T-Jet if you have that offer.
    Why do you think about selling a T-Jet? Just own it :).
  8. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    Hey Bhavu, Nice to hear that you have owned so many FIATs in your family. Congrats in advance for T-jet. 2nd deal seems to be great. You can use Rs.2L for fuel for next 3-4 years.

By the way, where do you stay in ghatkopar. I stay in Pant Nagar.
  9. Ferrariscdr

Ferrariscdr Amatore

Karnataka

I would still doubt someone selling 4.5 months old T-Jet. First of all the T-jet registered in Oct 2011 is 9 months old vehicle from date of manufactured... Another hitch is someone selling 4 months old T-Jet has something wrong with the vehicle or the person doesn't know anything about turbocharged vehicles. Would rather prefer from dealer June make vehicle and get a good discount for such a beautiful car. i dont think you should think of selling this for atleast 5 years. I would sell only if they launch t-jet with 150PS and 320 NM. And if you sell this after 5 years you would get same resale on both cars.

If you are satisfied with the reason for selling from the owner of the vehicle and conditions are ok then you can opt for 2nd hand t-jet. But i would love to be first owner of this vehicle (my personal choice for paying 2L premium :) )
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  10. bhavu

bhavu Timido

I stay in V.B.Lane (Extn)