1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

fiat-infotainment-system

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Jagan Mohan Reddy, Jul 29, 2015.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Yes you can; but only on the facelift. Its too much of a hassle to install on the pre facelift versions. Also the audio clarity is nothing to write home about either.
  2. Jagan Mohan Reddy

Jagan Mohan Reddy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Superb
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  3. shanvimal

shanvimal Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @ssateesh Is this HD screen? I am noticing that language displayed in Reverse camera is not in English. Are you able to set language preference. What about the current Blue & Me, is it working without any issues after fixing your new ICE... Any changes to your music player sounds? Is there any difference.

The picture looks stunning.. Please do share with me the steps to order as well as the way you transferred money. If fellow TF friends are interested, then you could help us with negotiating it too :)
  4. tarunactivity

tarunactivity Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet

A very short video on the linea elegante system.

The maps UI looks good, but the screen response was not up to the mark.
  5. tarunactivity

tarunactivity Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    This is the same unit.. There's a longer video here.

Is the performance of the Turkish daiichi unit better?
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Your thoughts pleas on this.

7. ssateesh

ssateesh Novizio

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    No it is not. it is a 5 inch 800x480 resistive screen. English language option is available. Only the overlay text on the reverse camera screen is in turkish . I have confirmed this with manufacturer

Currently blue & me is not supported. I am in discussion with the manufacturer because I noticed hardware support for it. They are working on a software update. In the meanwhile I am attempting a DIY for enabling it which I will update if successful.

No changes to how my music sounds. No meaningful difference.
  8. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @ssateesh
    Congratulations on your purchase. I also decided to place an order for the same unit from the same vendor from turkey.
    1. Can you please tell how to do this wire transfer and the formalities to be done for a person like me who is doing wire transfer for the first time ?
    2. How can we get minimal custom charges? Like asking the vendor to devalue the product and mark it as a gift for customs sake?
    3. Is this unit from turkey better than Virtue india unit available here for 29000/-
    Your answers are very important for me to proceed further
    Thanks
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  9. tarunactivity

tarunactivity Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    @ssateesh , Do post a few more pics, and a short review of the features that work?

I didn't see Blue & Me mentioned on the daiichi page - http://www.daiichi.com.tr/en/products/navigation/lineapunto-avn/
    How is this enabled . Also, where is the BnM unit located on the Punto Evo/new Linea?

Have you paired all the steering controls to the new head unit? ( The windows key and the voice key? )
  10. ssateesh

ssateesh Novizio

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Santosh,
    1. I did the wire transfer first time myself and yes it was not straight forward. There were some tense moments when the merchant couldn't confirm it. Please PM for contact # to talk more about this. Alternatively I can also directly introduce you to the Director, Sales for your order and help you with the wire transfer if you wish.

2. You can request but I am not sure the vendor will agree. Also please note if it is declared as low value, insurance also would be only for that value. Please also note it gets shipped through DHL to India where packages are thoroughly scrutinized. So I am not sure if you can reduce customs

3. Button tactile feel wise it's much better than VirtueIndia unit. Cannot comment about other aspects. I am planning to visit a dealer to explore the VirtueIndia unit in Elegance.

Tarun,
    I will try to do that during next week Diwali vacation. Yes Blue & me is currently not supported. It is currently supported by hardware. Vendor has acknowledged it and working on a software update for it. In the meanwhile I am attempting a DIY to support Blue & Me. Will post more next week.

As Blue & me is not supported only Vol +- and Source change buttons are working.