1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

fiat-infotainment-system

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Jagan Mohan Reddy, Jul 29, 2015.

1. ssateesh

ssateesh Novizio

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet

1. Costing:
    AVN system + GPS antenna + mapmyindia maps + shipping from Turkey (through DHL) + transit insurance - 28.5K (415 USD) . Includes bank conversion and foreign remittance service charges
    Customs - 7.3K
    Installation and few accessories - 600
    Total = 36.4K . It's expensive due to the shipping and customs charge. Not really VFM I would say . But for Fiat cars with standard systems needing physical modifications for fitting head units this was better

2. At a professional car audio installer. It was more of convenience and trustable installation than FASS. Didn't bother checking with FASS. The unit has FIAT logo on the top. My assumption is also that since no physical or electrical modifications was done it shouldn't hamper warranty.

3. Will do once I am back home.

Regards
    Prashant Teki and Saji Babu like this.
  2. tarunactivity

tarunactivity Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    @ssateesh - Congrats!

Where did you get this fixed, and which part of bangalore are you from! I would love to check it out in person.

We need a full review of this system with pics :) .
  3. ssateesh

ssateesh Novizio

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    I got it installed from this shop
    http://www.evo-blr.com/

But you can get it installed from anywhere or DIY if you have the extracting hooks as it is pure plug and play. You will need help for rear camera installation though to do power tapping/video signal routing (and/or drilling).

I stay in malleshpalya near C.V.Ramannagar. You are welcome to see. PM me for details.
  4. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Oh, that's very close to my house too. I am put up very near to the CV Raman Nagar Bus stand (Kaggadasapura rd beginning).
    We should catch-up sometime!

Regards,
    ssateesh likes this.
  5. tarunactivity

tarunactivity Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Oops. A little far from Jayanagar!

How did you place the order? Do they have a tie up with a delivery site?
    Also, any idea on bulk order discounts (For TFI)?

I would love to see more screenshots and hoping we can do a full review!
  6. ssateesh

ssateesh Novizio

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    All communications related to order placement was through email. Money transfer was done through SWIFT (there was some hiccup here . More about it later). They ship it through their local courier who has a tie-up with DHL and hence it's door to door for us due to DHL's presence in India. I was comfortable doing this as I do a lot of international imports related to electronics and gadgets and understand the finer details involved.
    Yes the sales director hinted at discounts for 5 units are more. In addition there should be savings on shipping cost. Probably I will start a GO thread to gauge interest and proceed with the supplier if there is interest.

I will try to do a review if time permits this weekend.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @ssateesh

Congrats on the new HU. A couple of questions:
    1) Is there some confirmation from Fiat that the AVN provider is Fiat approved?
    2) For rear camera installation, was any wires spliced for power connections? If not, how was the connections done.
    3) how is the clarity of the image from rear camera?
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    For the reverse camera installation, you need to tap power from the reverse light source or the reverse gear switch from the gear shifter assembly. Its usually the former which is generally tapped. You can connect without splicing the wires if you use the right couplers/connectors.

For connector samples, have a look at this Redline Plus
    ghodlur likes this.
  9. ssateesh

ssateesh Novizio

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    1. It was confirmed by Daiichi sales director with whom I was interacting. The stock Delphi unit found in Linea Indian version is their brand as well. The following link shows it. Also the Linea AVN units in Turkey and Italy are the same as the one I bought
    http://www.daiichi.com.tr/en/support/

2. As Krishna explained for power. This was used for me. For video I used RF transmitter/reciever combo.
    http://shop.redlineplus.in/1-connectors/2-quick-splice-wire-connector.html

3. The clarity is quite good. It will be better if screen res is full HD
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Thanks @nkrishnap & @ssateesh for the feedback
    One more query. Can this HU be used for Punto too?