1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

fiat-infotainment-system

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Jagan Mohan Reddy, Jul 29, 2015.

1. tarunactivity

tarunactivity Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Jagan Mohan Reddy likes this.
  2. ssateesh

ssateesh Novizio

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Pradeep, Trying to understand why would changing the upper panel with hazard lights is a problem ? It looks like plug and play . The advantage from Virtue India will be the 1 year local warranty.
    Jagan Mohan Reddy and PradeepM like this.
  3. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    True Sateesh,

Even I don't see it as an issue, however I was just giving what ever information I have so that it may help people choose better as per their interest.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  4. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Dear folks,
    I have personally experienced the AVN unit provided by the Fiat in linea elegante. The quality of plastic is pathetic, buttons are hard and rough. You will get unpleasant tactile feedback from the entire unit. Noticeable panel gaps are also there. I am very much sure that the AVN unit in linea elegante is sourced from the same location from where virtue Indiaunit is also sourced. ( that is China).

Whereas, the AVN unit from Turkey vendor is the original part of Fiat linea turkey. That company is the Fiat certified manufacturer of original AVN units of Fiat turkey and Italy. Quality of the unit looks awesome.
    The entire AVN unit from Turkey is available for 415 $ including shipping cost and in-transit insurance. This cost also includes mapmyindia Indian maps and GPS antenna.

fiat_linea2-600x350.jpg

linea1.jpg
  5. ssateesh

ssateesh Novizio

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks Santosh. I was afraid of the build quality of the elegante unit and you confirmed it. Can you please provide the link to the AVN model which explains the details and the purchase procedure ?

ps: I will become a Linea T-jet owner next week
  6. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    I am still in discussions with the vendor. I will let you know after I get full information.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 25, 2015 ---
    I am still in discussions with the vendor. I will let you know after I get full information.
  7. tarunactivity

tarunactivity Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
  8. ssateesh

ssateesh Novizio

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
  9. ssateesh

ssateesh Novizio

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Folks, I have completed the installation of Daiichi (FIAT approved supplier) AVN system this weekend through a car . I got the AVN delivered 2 week back from Turkey. The whole process of wire transfer, shipping, customs clearance and deliver took less than 1 business week. Some photos below.

home.jpg rcam.jpg

As seen since the unit is manufactured by FIAT approved supplier the fitting was a breeze

I also installed a reverse cam and wireless RF transmitter for the video signal to HU that I bought from Amazon.com
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B43LK7E?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DOQAGO2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

The unit came with mapmyindia all india maps. Yet to try navigation.

Thanks to moderator @nkrishnap for the installation guidance.

Regards
  10. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @ssateesh , Awesome!

Have a few qns as I am also looking forward to this

- What was the total cost incurred - including HU + labor
    - Where did you get this fixed in BLR? FASS or any outside shop? ( I assume this won't hamper warranty as it is FIAT approved vendor device (?)
    - Could you please share few pics of the reverse camera fitting when you get a chance?
    Regards,