1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India Website - Revamped

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    The website doesnt display properly on ipad, the Linea models Tjet info appears only say 1/10 the size, rest doesnt show up.
    1 person likes this.
  2. venka

venka BANNED

I do Agree with Cubbie. I thought it was problem in my home internet. now its confirmed . :)
  3. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    i found this ODD.. why dont they give a clean comparison chart where similar things are in proper sequence??

have a look below for what i mean...

these are feature comparison chart for random selected Linea models..i mean how confusing can it get for a consumer who might be the first time fiat customer..

Screen Shot 2013-04-23 at 8.55.58 PM.jpg

the second image is still in better order...well almost!!

Screen Shot 2013-04-23 at 9.06.06 PM.png

* these are some random listings, there must be many more such things out there..
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Perfectly makes sense to me. We should start creating a list containing suggestions for Fiat.
  5. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I Don't wanna unduly demean anyone but seems like not a web designer but a DTP operator has made the typing work for the website. I

mean these are school stuff..if one has undergone proper schooling then his/her teacher would have given a wrapping for such a haphazard presentation!!:hit nothing but clear B A S I C S !! (does anyone from the FIAT HQ even does a random screening of the stuff out there on

the website.?? )

[* ok i think if FIAT India should organise a competition (max 1 hour duration) within the staff wherein they are to list out the faults on their

website and the winner with maximum observation wins ;).. FIAT in return obviously gets to accumulate all the data from various entries in

one place!]
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Do note that Fiat India is exactly a replica of Fiat USA website. I see the same issue at Fiat USA website too.

fiat usa1.jpg
  7. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    They should maintain a quality website with consistency in information it holds.

You can notice in specifications part of Linea Emotion 1.3 they have mentioned that it has all four disc brakes. It looks like they simply copied and pasted that information from Emotion T-Jet's :A

Regards
    Gopi

- - - Merged Post - - -

May be a global policy :evilsmile
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    When i was discussing with Mr. Francis from Aadya, he happened to mentioned that FIAT India website is just copy-paste version of worldwide website. They have not much changed or maintained. There is no specific proper people who are maintaining it properly. Still there is a huge confusion inside who will go where and do what between FIAT and TATA. So it will take more time to properly fix every thing. But i have personally requested him to give feedback on these stuffs to FIAT top hats during their next visit.
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I repeat this again. The current website of Fiat India is still one of the best Auto Websites in India. May be best of all too.

There could be hell lot of mistakes in other manufacturers website too. It is just that no one is doing research on that like we do here. Probably, you should start analyzing other websites too, to know who is maintaining well. :)
  10. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Well.. Fiat must have thought everyone knows about their product and no one would get into the depths of the data in their website. Come on.. consider a person who has been a blind fan of Maruti Swift and just wants to consider Fiat Punto before freezing on his new car purchase. The wrong and unorganized data in the website is not going to attract him at all.
    The website is awesome with cool features, but the data in it is questionable. When TFI can find so many wrong & unorganized details in Fiat website, I am wondering what did the dedicated team of people involved in this website development project were doing? Agreed, web designer may not be aware of all product details, but how long would it take for a folk at Ranjangaon or Mumbai HO to verify the validity of information in their website. And how could they announce in a press meet regarding the availability of "ownership information feature" before making it actually available in their website? Again this may be an issue related to linking the website with the DMS. I'm unable to replace a simple air filter in Bangalore because the DMS is not up yet.

Seriously.. FIAT, pull up your socks and show complete dedication in what you are going to do as part of future plans (which very much includes car manufacturing). The whole nation has a perception that splitting from TATA should improve FIAT's quality.