1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India to launch 1.6 diesel very soon

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by cartoos, Oct 5, 2010.

1. cartoos

cartoos

New Delhi
    From the news channel (forgot while shuffling ) have learnt that Fiat is going to launch Fiat Linea 1.6 diesel very soon, perhaps before Diwali. :wow
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    If it's true then its great news.
    1.6 MJD would beat all the cars in it's segment specially Verna D and Vento D.
    1.6 MJD with VGT will be a killer with 120 BHP @ 3700 rpm and 3200 nm Torque @ 1750 rpm.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think this news came from NDTV Car & Bike show, but later Sidhharth himself denied this report.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    zzzzz,is anybody outside FIAT fans/enthusiasts really interested in FIAT cars???,what will the purpose of launching more powerfull petrol and diesel cars serve for FIAT?? :!: Petrol cars buyers with Rs.10 lakhs will always go to Honda and diesel car buyers to VW,so game over for FIAT :sadblue (even before it began!).zzzzzzzzz
  5. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes !! It was a mistake from NDTV and they clarified it later.

The 1.6 WILL be welcome neverthless :)

Anyway : let them launch the 1.4 T-Jet first.
  6. cartoos

cartoos

New Delhi
    can you say something nice some time or you just hate whatever Fiat does ?
  7. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    What purpose it serves, you have more options to choose from, 1.3 for FE & 1.6 for people who love power. :redcar
  8. cartoos

cartoos

New Delhi
    Sorry guys it was not NDTV, it can be Star news or Aajtak, they were talking about future launches and had also mentioned about Tjet apart from 1.6 multijet.
    Anyway Fiat is making Engines in India for local supplies and export to other countries, if they are cheaper to make in India and also selling like 10000 per month in India alone (to be used in Tata and Fiat cars) then why not increase the number of other engines like 1.6, 1.9 multijets to be used in other Tata cars. Any company in world will look for making profit anywhere than to satisfy what others think and want from them.
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Cartoos,why would I hate FIAT,I bought one with out even a test drive and with out even seeing.
    I just love FIAT,but you may accept it or not FIAT is a miserable failure in India,even their effort is a half hearted one with pathetic plastics,poor fit and finish,questionable reliability and you can not question the wisdom of the public for not looking beyond Maruthi,Hyundai and Honda.
    As for as Iam concerned even my next car,say after 5 years will only be a FIAT,if only the company lasts that long and I wish so,but the writting is on the wall,if you can see it.
    Sorry for going off topic and it will hurt to call FIAT a failure,it hurts me too.
  10. cartoos

cartoos

New Delhi
    Bala, wish you could predict the Future, you wouldn't have bought Fiat in first place. Kindly discuss only on subject rather than bashing or making fun of company, you can start another thread for that and I would not even look at it.
    What I bought from Fiat was very conscience decision and have no regret till date of owning it in one and half years.