1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India small car to take on Alto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Jun 30, 2010.

1. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Yes, they have invested and for that they are getting FIRE and multijet technology. Agreed Fiat too is getting a lot from this JV, like service centers crowded with drivers, salesmen ready to sell a TATA vehicle over a Fiat, hardly any follow up on service issues, spares problems, sleeping management on brand awareness. And oh, I forgot, the superior numerical value of 168 service centers.

Now Ratan Tata might be a pal with Sergio as he claims, but it doesn't seem to translate into a fair deal for the brand management as far as Fiat is concerned. That 2,000 crore seems to have been spent in creating extra floor space (is it really there?) along along with a few ads. Had this issue been discussed before inking JV, Ratan Tata and Rajeev Kapoor wouldn't be lamenting the same issue in their interviews this day.
  2. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    +1.
    I don't think we can blame FIAT for this as this is a joint venture under which its TATA's responsibility to take care of sales, service, spares and marketing! FIAT is providing them with all the technology and assembly line as per the JV. Its TATA that has been unable to perform the tasks as termed in the JV.

As far as Rajeev Kapoor is concerned, even the FIAT factory people say that "ye bolte bahut kuch hai but karte kuch nahi"!
    FIAT India needs someone like Laura Soave, who is leading the relaunch activities of FIAT in the USA. From what I can deduce, she is quite dynamic and aggressive.
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    + with you, Fiats really need a dynamic and aggressive personals to push up the product, and i also think its the sole responsibility of Tata's to sale the good numbers as they do for their own brand which are coming out from the Fiat stable, FIAPL should give them a target to sell particular number of cars no matter they sell on what margins...
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    An Artist’s impression of the new Palio (copyrights reserved by designer)

We have been telling you about the ‘new small car’ Fiat have been developing since quite some time now. The new car will be positioned below the Punto and will sell at a price which could make look competitive with the i10s and the Swifts of the world. The Punto, even after being a terrific product, retails for a premium over the regulation hatchbacks reducing its appeal significantly.

To overcome the problem, Fiat is developing a band new small car, tailor made for India. Some Italian designers and engineers are burning the midnight oil designing and developing the new car for India, based on the inputs from the company’s operations here in India. The new car is expected to be highly localized (upto 85%) and will be produced at the company’s Ranjangaon plant near Pune. The new car may just be the new Palio, which we have been following up for months together now.

“The small car is under development. We had announced earlier that our intention is to launch it in 2012. The exact timing and details will be shared when we will be ready with the product,” Rajeev Kapoor, Fiat India’s president said. He didn’t divulge any further details on the car though.

The Fiat Sedici Crossover

Apart from the small car, the company has also hinted at bringing a new CBU unit to India. “There are different routes and opportunity to launch a model in India and the completely built unit route is one of them. Every route is open to us and we are still evaluating” said Mr. Kapoor.

While we cannot be sure about this new CBU import, the Sedici crossover, which shares its platform with the SX4 may be one of the options. Do let us know if you have any clue about which CBU import Mr Kapoor is talking about.

Source:-
    http://motoroids.com/news/fiat-confirms-a-new-small-car-and-cbu-for-india.html
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I'll have one please - provided it's under 11L. I know it's day light dreaming with the CBU route, but that car can take us anywhere.
  6. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    My next car...a diesel... Will be sedici.. If they launch it...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    FIAT should not wait for 2012. They should launch this car in 2011 itself. It already too late. FIAT sales is dropping like anything. New Fiesta is coming on 14th July & it will kill Linea sales very badly.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    By the time they launch it in 2012, only bits and pieces of the cake will be left for them to savour. The rest will be gulped by the BIG players by then!
    Or who know they plan to manufacture in India and export to other developing countries!
    @FIAT: If you plan to launch the new small car in India, the earlier you it the better.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I dis-agree.
    They should take time, if it requires so, but product should be fool-proof.

Also, Honda will launch its small car, Brio, good to see and read some market before major launch.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I totally agree with you. The small car market is very very sensitive to issues. The customers are over sensitive to reliability than driving dynamics. Fiat should prove they are. Just see GM. They have studied the market and come with 3 cylinder MJD , which I think will good enough to compete with it's class.