1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India small car to take on Alto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Jun 30, 2010.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    a photoshopped FIAT Grande Punto
  2. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Isnt the next small car supposed to be the novo uno which they have launched internationally< last I heard there were planning to lauch it with a 1.1 ltr 79 bhp engine....
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No Mihir, as per news, the small car will be a new car from Fiat, based on 500 platform. Made specifically for India.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I wonder why FIAT are hesitating to launch the Novo Uno with the 1.0 FIRE Evo engine. 75 bhp, 20.1kmpl highway.

Price it squarely at the i10 etc and you're in business.

Looks sweet in this pic. Miles ahead of A star, ritz, Etios Liva etc.

Gurjinder.

novo-uno-rodas-17.jpg
  5. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Good and Nice looking car. They should follow all pre- and post launch mktg. as suggested by our members at various threads.
    I am dying to see people waiting for FIAT cars and company is working in three shifts to comply the demand.
    Following should be the target of FIAL-
    Car should be 100% initlal rattling problem/malfunctioning free.
    No part should be replaced for at least 5 years.
    Not a single customer should put some problem about new car on Net.
    Sell 4000+ cars per month.
    Every prospective small car buyer should know that FIATs new small car is in market (aggressive/innovative/consistent mktg in all medias)
    Ensure consistent and good mileage(becoz small car buyer's imp point "Kitna deti hai?).
    Less cost of spares and servicing (becoz small car buyer's budget is tight)
    All the bests. (If reading this forum , and if yes, seriously!!)
  6. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    No Gurjinder, they should bring it with the MultiAir engine and possibly with dual fuel management system to support LPG/CNG. Not sure if they can price it in the i10 territory..
    And yes.. Miles ahead of all others in that segment.

Edit: Uh :uh I guess they currently have only the 1.4L MultiAir engine which will be too much.. This car needs a 0.8L or 1L MultiAir engine.
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Roy, Multi Air at the moment is available only in the 1.4Litre engine , and thats an overkill for this car. However , the Twin Air engine can be fitted into it . But its too complex technologically.

This 1.0 FIRE Evo engine is the evolution of the older FIRE engine and incorporates many new technologies to further efficiency. My vote goes to it.

There is also a 1.4 FIRE Evo engine , an evolution of the older FIRE engine found in our Lineas and Puntos. It can feature as an upgrade to the Indian Petrol range of Punto and Linea. But i dont think FIAT are gonna bring this engine here.

Gurjinder.
  8. nk4fiat
    sir you have very big dreams on fiat.
    those things will not come true in the near future if TATA keeps suppying the parts with the present set of manufacturers of their parts.
    especially plastics,metal clips,pins and rubber hoses.
  9. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    I think the only reason Fiat is hesitating in getting newer tech to India is the JV with TATA. If they bring technology, they have to share it with TATA. Muft ka fayda for TATA.
  10. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Do you think this issue was not discussed BEFORE the JV was signed? There is no muft ka fayda for Tata. They have invested Rs.2,000 crores in this JV.