1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India small car to take on Alto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: ndtv car and bike show about fiat small car

Yes this news is pretty old now.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Let us revive this thread now. Since this is going to be exiting for Fiat's plan for India.

What we would like to have in this Fiat's small car? Mind it, it is going to be in Alto/Spark range car.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

IF in the alto/spark range, then its got to be :

1. Keep it simple yet modern.
    Although i hope they put the TwinAir engine in it , but i dont think the Indian A segment buyer is ready for it. Mind you, the engine is pretty complex engineering stuff.

A nice, peppy and simple in engineering, fuel efficient motor is what the new budget segment buyer wants.
    The whole engineering of the car should be simple in implementation. ( Simple = cheaper repairs = happy owner :)= very important in A segment )

2. Spacious.
    Its got to beat the alto in this. Its as cramped as any car can be , yet still sells. So FIAT need to counter that.

3. Maintenance costs
    Should be bang in Alto territory. No synthetic oils. Simple mineral oils should be preferred. Competitively priced and readily available spare parts.

4.Engineer it for India.
    The budget buyer will come from diverse places and roads. The car should handle everything better than the Alto and for a longer lifespan.

5. Set its house in order first.
    Until the reports of bad A.S.S and sales experience keep coming , the A segment buyer will stay as far away from FIAT as a cat from water.

6. Marketing blitz.
    The A segment buyer is the hardest to convince. Since it is the least risk taking segment. And FIAT dont exactly have a wonderful reputation among any segment.
    So this, according to me is the core area of concern. And strategic marketing should begin way before the launch.

Waiting to hear inputs from others.

4. guru

ford did this with figo... So its certainly possible for Fiat
  5. gagi_vid

nothing will happen with fiat.. they are loser.. shamefully with ceo. no use... learn something like V.W and add like tata... es"t impossible to you....??? ceo bheek gaya hai???

god bless you in future.. if you do same.. even your small car wont help.. same down market...

good luck ceo...
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    my question is
    alto sells for Rs 2,32,558 - Rs 3,28,123

can fiat afford that?

figo succeeded with its advertisement and versatility.
    imo it is the only car which is well placed in its segment price wise and quality wise.

figo is affordable to a small time enthusiasts and people who needs something different from regular japs or korean models.

by the time fiat launches it new small car by 2012 or 2013 , cars like figo and beats would have already filled the space..!!!
    (please note the sales figure/fate of linea t-jet)
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

That is the height of pessimism . You embarass the FIAT community.

Why keep a "loser" car like Punto man , sell it. Buy the supercool 25kmpl Indica.

P.S. The thread was about what we want from a small car if FIAT ever launches it. Not our personal views about the success or failure of FIAT.
  8. sungoa2010

I don't think Fiat can afford the numbers of Alto, because they don't have the space and manpower to service those many vehicles. To dream that they have to increase their dealer networks and more authorized workshops are needed. That may be the reason why the plan is getting delayed.

T jet was an answer to enthusiasts. It takes time to reach the sweetness of the engine to common man.So we cannot judge feature of fiat with that of Tjet. People are not going for it because they are afraid of service. It take its own time to penetrate this mental block. Now it is a golden time for Ford. But if we look back to Ikon days, it had a Fix Or Repair Daily image and fiesta created a better image but it was Figo that created a cushion for Ford. It is the intermediate phase for Fiat. It is way better than its earlier avthar in India. There was a gap for Fiat where for ford the journey was continuous. The first thing they has to do is to give confidence of existing customers. People who brings bad reputation to the company(starting from the workman level to the top management level) should be thrown out. Some where else in this forum there were reports of rusting, suspension issues etc. Those problems can only happen due to the negligence of the some people at some stages in production. The customer service need to be more uniform and stable. What is now happening is that at some customers are getting good services but some others are expressing the bad experiences. Just look at my experience . I got reasonably good experience recently regarding some minor issues of my car when I contacted customer care. But I have called customer care 4 times, send a feed back, wrote a mail to service@... for the same issue(non nonavailability of free check up camp in Goa) but there is no reply. Similar contradictions can be found if we surf the forum.Fiat should learn how to build a consistent confidence level in customers.

So I hope Fiat will reach its next phase of growth and our next car will roll out from a Fiat showroom surrounded by the passionate fiat staff, serviced by well caring fiat technicians while we will be standing outside by looking at Ferrari's Maserati's parked outside or chatting with TFians present there..... It is not impossible. Fiat need to shift gear for it.
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hoping that any of the a FIAT officials are giving their ears to us, or happy with selling the engines, Tata has already started putting sticker on the Fiats (A subsidiary of TATA Motors), and the Fiat is just unaware of all these !!!!!!
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    FIAT is TATA's subsidiary? Biggest joke!
    I thought this subsidiary thing referred to concorde motors. I saw this sticker on TATA and FIAT cars in bangalore today, It's there in Mumbai too?

Coming to FIAT small car: I think pricing is the key + low maintenance cost. I believe that Figo succeeded because of the pricing factor plus a certain amount of trust in Ford's recent history.