1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India small car to take on Alto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Jun 30, 2010.

1. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    VP, what you say is right but again there is a chicken and egg story going on here. None of us know the dynamics of running a dealership but I guess dealers buy spares from the manufacturer and pay them in 30 days. Manufacturer gets his money but dealer has to hold stock till such time it sells and customer pays for it. Looking at Fiat sales, non-fast running spares will be in stock for a very long time so maybe dealers shy away from keeping them in stock. Extending this, maybe even Fiat keeps less stuff of non-fast running spares with them. Since there are about 1200 Linea's sold every month, how many of them will need headlights and bumpers? Some months, maybe not even one! Hence dealers don't keep these things in stock resulting in waiting period for the customers. This is where Tata, Maruti & Hyundai benefit. They have volumes so dealers can afford to stock up. Specially for Tata, since there are huge number of private taxi's going around on suicide missions!

This is where service back up is extremely important for this Alto sized car. Fiat CANNOT afford to keep this small car waiting for spares. Punto owners may have another car but many of this small car owners will be first time buyer's owning just that one car. Besides, they will also be perfect candidates for Fiat to retain with them. A Fiat small car owner if happy with the years he had the car will upgrade to a Uno , Punto , Linea and so on. Fiat need to think this small car project very well and execute it flawlessly not just in the product but also in the service & spares area.
  2. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Very right Amit.... Its the volumes which matter at the end for spares.. Since the Fiat cars which hare sold in india are low in volume, they tend to let the customer suffer with the delay for spares rather than stocking it at the workshop... Probably they just order it when required which is not the care for TATA/Maruti/Hyundai....
  3. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai
    Any new plans - be it new cars or new variants or new engines, I have seen only on paper / media. Nothing concrete out as yet is out from Fiat till date! Shucks!

Vroom
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Amit,

While I agree the difficulty of spares inventory when monthly sales is just 1200 Linea's but I'm beginning to feel that almost 75% of customer's dissatisfaction towards Fiat today is because of Spares unavailability. Somehow they got to get this right for atleast 1st 1-1.5 years, at any cost. Take my example (on forums, almost everyone have similar experiences) below where I'm listing parts which are changed in my Linea till date (FoC under warranty) & their availability at the 1st time:
    • Wiper fluid reservoir - Not available. Took 15 days & before it comes I called & Fiat sent Vendor himself with the tank from Pune to Mumbai.[/*:m:37cwa595]
    • Central Fascia (AC Grill) - 1st time change - Last piece was available.[/*:m:37cwa595]
    • Central Fascia (AC Grill) - 2nd time change - Not available - 15 days follow up. Nothing. Dealer uninterested. I had to shoot a strong mail to Fiat. Next to next day part got available.[/*:m:37cwa595]
    • Rear Logo - 1st time - Available[/*:m:37cwa595]
    • Rear Logo - 2nd time - Not available.[/*:m:37cwa595]
    • Door Beadings - I asked them 15 days back before to keep it ready. When I went its not there. Fired again. They managed it from other dealership[/*:m:37cwa595]
    • Wiper Blade - Available[/*:m:37cwa595]
    • Front Bumper/ Painting/ Labour - I think it was Available but they took 3 days to deliver the car.[/*:m:37cwa595]
    • Coolant Thermostat - Available[/*:m:37cwa595]
    • Coolant Hose assembly - Available.[/*:m:37cwa595]
  5. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Must tell u guys i was stunned to see that i got a new orvm in stock at Wasan when i needed last tuesday:)
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Some rendering image of Fiat 2012 small car. Source - http://www.wheelosphere.org/fiat-india- ... unch_1057/

Fiat-India-Small-Car_1.jpg

Fiat-India-Small-Car_2.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  7. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Great looking car!! Much much better then the quirky Uno! Good job by Fiat but they need to understand the Alto segment buyer and his want's before they launch this car.
  8. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    Awesome looking Car..!! Saw this pic yesterday on the other site. FIAT's have always been good lookers. I think this is a Rendition only till now, nothing is concrete is available about the Model / Styling.

If this Car Clicks, FIAT should be on a Roll this time, Best of luck to them.
  9. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    Second one look much better. lets see if it rolls.
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Nice looking car. Hope it will handle like all other fiat cars do.
    For this car to be successful it should have punny tires, ARAI FE of above 19, High GC, should be priced in line with Alto, Spark.
    And most importantly Fiat should advertise that this car have a waiting period of 4 months even without launching the car, if Fiat will do this car will sell even more than 6 k units per month