1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India small car to take on Alto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Lol @ Ramjin,may be they are working day in and day out to find ways to sell their two existing models,which are not finding takers apart from Fiat lovers.
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    This thread was started 2 years ago. Where's the car?
  3. 1 good point...we get to hear so many rumors,but hardly any materialises...
  4. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    It is best if rumours remain as rumours :))

Abdul
  5. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    They are waiting for all Indian roads, colonies, parking spaces are to be fulled with cars and all other manufacturers fully fill their belly with profit and leaving India . And Indian Gov. will either ban selling cars or put hefty tax on car buyers, then fiat will launch their small car.
    1 person likes this.
  6. wish FIAT stays in India till that time...
  7. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    I really don't understand where this cynicism is coming from. Let's re-look at how things happened. Punto and Linea had shortcomings and the same feedback was addressed by Fiat. I don't say the products are perfect now, but please give due where it must be given. People weren't happy with the JV and Fiat is trying to move out of that. I think we ought to realise that setting up of service centers and such doesn't happen overnight. Fiat has said they expect sales to be slack till they have their service setup in place. Sales wise, Fiat is on the mat and yet it is trying. I am all for a guy who fights when the chips are down; unlike the market leader allowing even murder to happen when things are going best for them.

I understand this thread is about "alto replacement". I would request mods to close such threads that are based upon hearsay and are without any concrete information. Unless the announcement is by the manufacturer, please let us not waste our energy on some stupid scoops by sold out media houses.
    2 people like this.
  8. Is this Fiat's new small car??

<section><article id="post-77097" class="post-77097 post type-post status-publish format-standard hentry category-fiat category-renderings">
    Flashing back to February of last year, Indian Autos Blog brought you some spy shots of Fiat’s new City Car codenamed the Fiat Project 344, testing on an old Panda platform.
    At that time, Fiat was testing the mechanicals and the internal bits of the car while using the Panda’s body as a cover up. Today, we’ve a rendering as to what the Project 344 could look like.
    Fiat-Project-344-City-Car-rendering-1024x591.jpg
    As you can see, the Project 344 will boast of its dinky dimensions as its USP for markets such as Brazil where the roads are crowded and one needs to have a car of exacting proportions for a calm and easy drive. Think of this as Fiat’s answer to Honda Brio, and if one looks carefully at the sloping hatch just after the rear wheel, it certainly resembles the Brio!
    Project 344 will replace the Fiat Uno and the Palio in Brazil. It is also being developed on the same platform and it will share a lot of mechanical as well as structural parts. It is expected to be powered by the 1.0-liter petrol engine or the Fiat TwinAir 0.9-liter turbocharged engine.
    Honda-Brio-52.jpg Part of the Project 344′s appeal lies in its dinky dimensions, something we’ve seen with the Honda Brio, which should also go on sale in Brazil pretty soon.

For now, the Project 344 will be a Brazil exclusive model rivaling cars such as the Hyundai i10 and the Citroen C1. It is currently testing on the Brazilian roads and should be out by the end of this year. Honda’s Brio is expected to go on sale in Brazil this year as well and would be a viable competitor to the 344.
    We don’t think Fiat India would consider the Project 344. When we spoke to the then Fiat CEO, Mr. Rajeev Kapoor, he told us that work was ongoing for a new car for India. However, we’ve been briefed on many occasions there after that Fiat India is currently focussing on the Linea and the Grande Punto with a new crossover (which we think would be based on the Punto) on the anvil.
    [Source - Autosblog.com.ar]

</article>

</section>

- - - Merged Post - - -

Looks good to me...ofcourse in India it will come with 4 doors.....but fares well against Brio and I10 as far as design is concerned....Have no doubt that the ride and handling will be better than both honda and hyundai
    1 person likes this.
  9. Gaurav Chakraborty

Gaurav Chakraborty Amatore

New Delhi
    which palio???stile or the new palio???i dnt think dis info is incorrct abt the replacmnt of palio..may be dis model replces uno as it very mch resemble with it bt chnces are very less
  10. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Looks like the Micra!
    1 person likes this.