1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT India Sales

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

I'm sure this is exactly what is going to happen with Compass. That why I tell that Punto is my last FCA product if they phase out the current Fiat line up. If they can't sell these two gems then they are good for nothing.

2. DEEPFOREZT

DEEPFOREZT Novizio

DELHI NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    i think RAJ is absolutely right in saying "indians love to show off". we as consumers never grown up. all we want is mileage and show off. they don't appreciate something called safety/ build quality etc. in this same forum there is an accident article about linea car crash. if you look at the picture it's horrifying. the guy got out injury free only because of the solid build of the car. most of the costumer's don't even care about airbags. that's how pathetic our consumer base is.

compass is here to stay for many reasons.
    1. there is no direct competitor. can't count creta , hexa or xuv as they all are in different price bracket or segment. may be hexa base variant is bit more close to compass base V.
    2. compass is exporting from india to all the right hand driven countries which will give them a bit more reason to stay here.
    compass has more premium brand name attached to it than creta/tata/ renault or mahindra. people here associate jeep as an upmarket product than local ones.
    and if you look at compass it commands more road presence than any of these. jeep doesnt come with FIAt tag. only a marketing or ASS disaster could bring compass volume down. of course we still don't know how good the car is , in terms of long term sustainability. but it does have a solid built feel attached to it. again we know the multijet engine that powers compass is probably the best out in the market. so i doubt a reliability failure will occur.
    i have been in touch with dealers to arrange a TD for abarth Uc and punto. so far it turned out to be a dull experience. so i keep asking them questions about compass sales and their future. only way for fiat to survive is increase volumes of punto and linea. they could merge punto evo and pure to just one and linea classic and linea to just one version. either keep avvy or UC. at the moment they have same car with different variations. punto, linea and UC or avvy would be enough.

gpunto75 likes this.
  3. amitshedha

amitshedha Amatore

Nov sales - FCA 2900. I guess about 2700 of these will be compass. ALso interestingly, if jeep can ramp up production, there is good chance to overtake volkswagen which has sale of about 3400. If they get Jeep renegade in 2018 and keep building on this momentm, they can even get argo or cronos to India by 2019 (that is if they are interested in keeping fiat brand alive).

4. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Great to see FCA climbing to the top. But heart wants to see few models from Fiat.
    Any news on 1.6 Compass?

5. limraj

limraj Esperto

Trivandrum / Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Nov 2017, from AutoPunditz

Punto/Avvy - 60
    Linea - 12
    Compass - 2828.

Total - 2900

pabhishek and gpunto75 like this.
  6. bibin

bibin Regolare

so are we looking at the end of punto and linea in indian market?

7. pdash

pdash Regolare

Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Feeling sorry for the dealers who only sell FIAT. I hardly noticed any new punto or linea on road these day with ribbon.
    But happens to notice 4 to 5 compass daily during my 5KM commute. I must they have a good road presence. I saw many heads turning towards the compass on road.

Inderpreet Bajwa likes this.
  8. DEEPFOREZT

DEEPFOREZT Novizio

DELHI NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    JEEP has done an excellent job for FCA. JEEP'S road presence is second to none. even the 30L fortuner looks scrappy in front of jeep.
    by end of jan they are going to be breakeven in terms of investments done by FCA.
    but sadly at the same time it's the end of punto linea etc. they still are going to keep the abarth powered version as they are made to order now. most likely all the present FIAT dealers will be converted to JEEP. so in long term it will benefit both the parties. compass is about to get a new lineup in 2018 along with renegade.the Multijet engines are now locally assembled. so there is a good chance the 2.0 LItre ones or the 1.6 one's will also pop up under the hood.
    neither cronos nor argo will make it to indian market at least for two years.in order for compass to succeed FCA needs to fully focus on current lineup. we all need to understand indian car market is dominated by maruti suzuki. people are happy to buy suzuki's cheap,low and substandard product. they don't deserve quality products. so we cant blame if FIAT decided to stop punto or linea.

GirishRaghu and Inderpreet Bajwa like this.
  9. Inderpreet Bajwa

Inderpreet Bajwa Amatore

Amritsar, Punjab
    Linea 1.3
    And What about Service and Spares for FIAT? Will Mopar, an official service brand of FCA, provide us with needed spares at JEEP dealerships?

10. bibin

bibin Regolare

Yes, think so.

Inderpreet Bajwa likes this.