1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT India Sales

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 5, 2015.

1. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Jeep is American not Italian anyways.

2. amitshedha

amitshedha Amatore

Compass is based on fiat platform that is base for fiat 500 series cars. So it is not completely american in that sense. Most likely many fiat cars are likely to come to India as jeeps if jeep brand name gets a good brand recognition.

3. DEEPFOREZT

DEEPFOREZT Novizio

DELHI NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    the heart of the compass is italian. they are using the multi jet engines. so in a way it's a mix. as it is jeep brand name in INDIA is not associated with FIAT currently. they were very clever in marketing JEEP as a separate identity rather than one associated with FIAT brand. even fiat brand name is dead in our country. nobody is willing to give them a try. it's only people like us who keep on using FIAT cars.

4. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

I think the best way to preserve Fiat is by rebadging them as Chrysler. Something like Chrysler Punto. Indians have got a mental block with the name Fiat.
    But using it for so many years I can easily say that its the best car in the market right. FASS is much much better than MASS.
    God plz save Fiat!

5. Shahnawaz Shaikh

Shahnawaz Shaikh Timido

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    AMEN!:angelic:

6. DEEPFOREZT

DEEPFOREZT Novizio

DELHI NCR
    Linea T-Jet

7. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

I was planning to buy a 1.3 Dynamic version of the UC. Even one of my friend wants to buy it.

Ganges likes this.
  8. Krunal Bhatt

Krunal Bhatt Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Till couple of months ago even I was under the impression that if JEEP succeeds, sales of FIAT will also increase. BUT now, it seems that is not going to happen. They will keep Puntos and Lineas alive till next 2-3 years, just to keep bigger portfolio and then full stop.

gpunto75 likes this.
  9. DEEPFOREZT

DEEPFOREZT Novizio

DELHI NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    it's a great time to buy. they are offering good discounts. i am still debating whether to go for punto abarth or the urban cross abarth. but they don't offer discount on abarth edition whereas the normal one comes with discounts. i heard some dealers still have 2016 stock with attractive discounts. why don't you go the dealer and see for yourselves. you never know how luck favours you

10. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Superiore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    This was not entirely the market's fault. As I have been saying throughout the forum, human beings are irrational creatures. Take Coca-Cola, they sell sugary shit. Yet they are one of the most successful companies in the world - point being a good product does not necessarily result in sales. Sales is more about marketing, getting the message across and making sure the owners get a feeling that they are buying the best.
    Indians love to show - off which means that most would want the cars to look different year after year, pay more attention to the accessories than the airbags and such. As such any product to succeed in India has to do the same.

Even the venerable Tata after making so many mistakes is coming back in the game with the Tigor, Nexon etc.

The compass could also be short lived as Hyundai might soon bring another car with far more accessories etc and take away the buyers. Maruti - no worries for now as they do not have cars in that segment.