1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT India Sales

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 5, 2015.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

They may only have renewed manufacture of the very low-demand FIATs recently.

They seem to've been trying to greatly ration and rationalize inventory, in order not to inflict losses on dealers and themselves, caused by (a) the so-called de-re-monetization (b) the gst (design, implementation, uncertainties of so much including demand-levels itself+forced discounting etc) mess (c) the transition to Jeep-centrism for the dealers (as well as the plant/assembly lines/supply chain/workforce.)

Essentially: they've been trying to rationalize the financial position of the FIAT dealers, so that they can transition without or with as-less-as-possible carried-over/legacy losses to the Jeep-centrism+mopar etc.

Other firms' value chains have been greatly hit financially since de-re-monetization and now ongoingly due to gst and/or its rollout, on top of all the woes most non-MSuzuki, non-Hyundai, non-Mahindra dealers/etc already were facing (if they had not shut down already, as so many VW, Skoda, Nissan, Chevy, tata etc ones have in the last 1-2 years.

@rusticnomad

cassini likes this.
  2. moksh

moksh Superiore

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @Alone Good thinking , I am pretty sure when it will be time to change rapid you will still see Fiat showrooms and Service center working in full flow. And Fiat is not for everyone, If you were looking at the sales number you should book Hundayi Verna or Ciaz. If people think/book cars by looking at the sales number Volvo and other such company should have exit india a long time ago. Still they are here because they have the power to still survive in india. Good Luck.

3. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Going forward, they should release their sales figures under FCA which should then include all of the three brands.
    So rather than saying we have a target of achieving x% market share for Jeep in India; the communication should be x% market share for FCA.

Inderpreet Bajwa likes this.
  4. Krunal Bhatt

Krunal Bhatt Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Punto Evo 1.3
    July sales figure are out (autopunditz.com) and GUESS WHAT.??????
    FIAT DISPATCHED 1120 VEHICLES..... I think that happened after 3 full years....
    I am 99% sure that it includes Compass as well.. but still progress is a progress...

5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I don't think sales figure for Jeep and FIAT will be clubbed. Or is it?

Krunal Bhatt likes this.
  6. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

It is mentioned in Auto Punditz site itself
    "The Indian Auto Industry grew over 14% in July’17 (v/s July’16). Renault & Nissan were the only mass manufacturers to experience a YoY de-growth. Compass does the magic in the first month itself – pushes FCA to 100% growth."

Krunal Bhatt and pabhishek like this.
  7. Krunal Bhatt

Krunal Bhatt Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Yes this month they are clubbed, BUT if JEEP generates more number of dealers for FCA then I am sure, by the end of this year FIAT alone would be able to dispatch this many cars.

8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

Not likely, but yes some imo destined to be pretty small 'spillover effect' on FIAT branded cars will occur, surely?

@Krunal Bhatt

9. Krunal Bhatt

Krunal Bhatt Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Yes, even i am hoping for "Spillover Effect". If there are more than 100-120 showrooms for FCA and monthly 5-10 fiats from each showroom (which is happening right now) can bring that number.

10. Krunal Bhatt

Krunal Bhatt Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Adding to my previous comment, ABARTH sales may rise by many fold, coz that was something desired by many but option(i.e. showroom) was not available in their town/city. Now with Compass, there are many new showrooms for Fiat as well. so, hoping for that. Lets see what happens in next 4-5 months.

amitshedha likes this.