1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT India Sales

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 5, 2015.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Yes, Fiat through CNH Industrial i believe (not part of FCA) has a notable presence in Tractors (and other agricultural machines?) in India (New Holland), with a factory in Noida, Delhi NCR i think.

Tata does not have any presence in the lucrative and expanding and big tractor market.

And so I have often wondered why Fiat and Tata do not extend their passenger car JV to tractors and to commercial passenger/cargo vans like the Doblo and Ducato (Ram Promaster), though Iveco would seem to be redundant given Tata's own end-to-end heavy commercial vehicle portfolio?
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    IDK, really it could be that these trucks could be sought after incase of a demand for niche space or need if any here, specialty applications? Depends on product USP. It certainly is the case for Volvos (B9R and such). Even for marine applications IVECO has a good portfolio. Dont know how much CNH's sales will affect Fiat being a different entity? Their Chakan plant is a deemed "Mega Project".

//CNH Industrial is a global leader in the capital goods sector with established industrial experience, a wide range of products and a worldwide presence. Each of the individual brands belonging to the Group is a major international force in its specific industrial sector: Case IH, New Holland Agriculture and Steyr for tractors and agricultural machinery; Case and New Holland Construction for earth moving equipment; Iveco for commercial vehicles; Iveco Bus and Helieuz Bus for buses and coaches; Iveco Astra for quarry and construction vehicles; Magirus for firefighting vehicles; Iveco Defence Vehicles for defence and civil protection; and FPT Industrial for engines and transmissions.//
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Source : Management Punditz

Update : February 2015

Fiat Punto Evo + Avventura : 414 Nos
    Fiat Linea : 177 Nos

Total : 591 Nos

:(:(
    Jagan Mohan Reddy and prabhjot like this.
  4. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Total of 591 cars sold is the least monthly sales figure for Fiat in last 12 months. Feb 2014 was 1302 without the Avventura back then.
    Our cars surely belong to an exclusive lot, so do we :)
    GirishRaghu, Ichimaru and prabhjot like this.
  5. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @platinumshine Amusing - I wonder how long will engine sales support dealership losses. At some point Fiat will give up and that will not be good for current owners.

Well it is what it is. Meanwhile I plan for my weekend trip to Pondicherry.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  6. gazgotta

gazgotta Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Namma Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    With refreshed Linea,Punto + New Avvy , sales struggling to cross 4 digits! PPl havn't liked the Overdose of Chrome Effect :cigar:. With market presence of more than 18+ years , Fiat still needs time to learn ??? :banghead: 2 product strategy is going no where :yawn:
  7. Major

Major Timido

Trivandrum
    Fiat Enthusiast
    This is the only reason why I postponed my plan to buy the PUNTO EVO. I had a plan to buy the car last Jan but after seeing the dismal sales figure I am thinking whether to go for it. I am worrying about the dealership in my city .
  8. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    With the increasing number of sales & services, the sales figures are not increasing. It is really dangerous, if sales company give up their franchise, the existing car owners will be in trouble for their car's service.

I am sorry but I want to say one thing that When Fiat was engaged with Tata for sales and services, the sales figures were not good but more than current figures.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Buy it while you can, meaning while its available. You cannot get a better package to enjoy in times today. The service issues are not as bad as they are portayed. Please visit a dealership and see the functioning there. A rapport with the service advisors and managers will help you solve any issues if at all you face with the cars.

For your own good please investigate the service issue (if any) near you and buy it with a leap of faith. Besides you have this forum to support you with any of your queries with cars.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. Major

Major Timido

Trivandrum
    Fiat Enthusiast
    How the fiat dealerships are surviving ? :( . Fiat sells less than Datsun which entered the market last year