1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT India Sales

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 5, 2015.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    The rather well tuned cngs could still work in the interim (all is not lost) and now emerging electric options will give them some projections only later if similar policies are adopted by India as well along with other regional markets.
    Chevrolet Bolt EV, Nissan Leaf like if only governments provide the support.

prabhjot likes this.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

The India as rhd export hub may see further elaboration, beyond the Compass and the Jeep b-suv.

Hopefully that will include a FIAT or two, come 2018/19, and not just Jeep. The rumour is that Wrangler ckd assembly in India could happen in 2019 of the new Wranger 2-door, Unlimited and Pickups for Australia, UK and Japan. Another rumour has the usa and china-only made Cherokees get assembled here too, again mainly for re-export.

That the 500X is going to locally made in China come 2018 gives hope that India could serve as a rhd export hub for it, albeit with a fair amount of imported components?

3. Krunal Bhatt

Krunal Bhatt Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Sales figure for February are out.
    Fiat : 319

Source : Auto Punditz

Better than previous 2-3 months. But still, wayyyyy below the average.

4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Any information on how may Jeeps sold by FCA since launch?

5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Few bookings in Mumbai they say. I heard about Rs. 5 Lacs advance fully refundable. Landmark Fiat.

For total sales of CBUs the question remains. But it must have gone much less as a chance, if at all there was a chance to sell first especially due to the demonetisation drive. But the products are awesome, we got to check some out recently including an Alfa Romeo 4C which happened to be there.

prabhjot likes this.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

a 4C? wow: did any fantasy-desires well-up (as it were)? @asimpleson ;-)

asimpleson likes this.
  7. revvingengines

revvingengines Amatore

Bengaluru/Ernakulam
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Here's what I got to know from the 2 Jeep showrooms I visited:
    Pinnacle Jeep, Cochin has sold 4 Grand Cherokees and KHT Prime, Bangalore has sold a Grand Cherokee SRT and a Wrangler Unlimited.

@asimpleson do share some pics of the 4C, if you get a chance to visit again. it might as well be the first one in the country!

asimpleson and carl_jhonson like this.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  9. revvingengines

revvingengines Amatore

Bengaluru/Ernakulam
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @asimpleson what an awesome little thing! looks low and tight.
    did you get to sit inside? assuming it's in for service, any idea about the kind of special treatment it gets?

10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I have heard stories of some dealer importing assorted cars and probably this one belongs to him, I don't know. Honestly haven't asked yet. I don't know how they service them. Perhaps Petal Maserati Mumbai has the special tools needed just in case these need one. But it developing issues is doubtful. There's lot of thought in the making of these products. 4C manufacturing video is available online. Has some aluminium section joined at front and doors etc. use another composite material. Tub or chassis is fully made of carbon fibre as we know. Therefore the low displacement still gives it an added power weight advantage and perhaps also reduces cooling requirements, couple that with special materials used in sports car engines it must be pretty fuss free to own or maintain.

prabhjot and revvingengines like this.