1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT India Sales

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 5, 2015.

1. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

Nothing don't waste your energy fca is completely failed and dealers will voluntarily close the door.
    May be who got jeep might survive for few months once the euphoria dies these guys will have to close.
    Yes Jeep will fail because it is already overpriced and no after sales in most of the important cities.
    I don't recommend anyone to buy due to pathetic service support and never know what is the future.

2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

@Barani

What i expect will happen:

FIAT will be withdrawn from india, once the 2 localized Jeeps (Compass+Renegade-like b-suv) are launched by 2018/19.

Service coverage in say the biggest 50-60 cities is decent (no Fiat sales but Fiat service under the overall sign of Jeep though.) FCA will continue to setup many third-party, non-dealer official Fiat workshops in many places.

What, however, i hope happens in say 2018 or 2019:

FCA decides that all-new India-made Fiat-s have good export demand. i.e., models like the 500X and say a 'new Avventura' b-cuv might see good rhd markets export demand, just as is in the plan and purpose for localizing rhd Jeep Compass and the b-suv. IF export rhd demand is there: India can then get all-new next-gen Fiats too. BUT imho: only then. India-alone is a completely impossible market for Fiat brand cars, otherwise, am afraid: no business case at all, too expensive and too risky for fca to bother given the Jeep emphasis-shift as matter of global fca strategy esp in China and Asia-pac.

Also: IF fca offers the 'new Punto' and the 'new Grand Sienna' to Tata Motors (for their necessary Bolt and Zest replacements) then perhaps the economies of scale case could also be made for new FIAT-brand models (Brazilian models.)

AFAIK the rhd export case is very weak: there's little demand in the likes of Japan, Australia or the UK for such models as say a 'new Grand Sienna' or even a Tipo. Perhaps a more 'premium', stylised model like the 500X? So: it does seem to hinge on Tata adopting the 'new Punto' et al as their own?

Meanwhile: the Jeep compass will likely have one or two versions well below 20 lakhs and the b-suv for 2018 could be not too much more than 10/11 lakhs. Plus there will likely later also be one or two ckd-assembly operations for rhd export to say Australia and Japan and the UK of say the all-new 2018 Wrangler and/or the 2018 facelifted Cherokee, given the too-strong us$?

cheers

3. limraj

limraj Esperto

Trivandrum / Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Get it, if your heart says so. It is the best car for driver in this price range.

prabhjot and Tamil like this.
  4. adneo

adneo Timido

Bangalore/Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    Isnt there a law in India that any manufacturer has to provide parts and support for 10 years even if a model is discontinued?

5. SwifttoPunto

SwifttoPunto Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
  6. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

@Tamil
    Money is very hard to earn spend it wise.
    Don't risk your investment the resale will hit you very hard as soon as it is out of showroom.
    Which has least support of after sales and don't believe there will be arrangements of third party service it is all rumours.
    If FCA was so concerned about after sales they wouldn't left customers of eastern part/Mumbai and might have already started this arrangement.

7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

They've opened many third party Fiat workshops too......including in Gurgaon, Mumbai region, Pune and yes Guwahati/NE still has service centres available, better than can be said for a few other firms, such as Skoda and VW.

You've had a bad experience sure. So i get why you're dissuasive about buying a FIAT. BUT: bangalore has decent service centre and half-decent service quality coverage, AND very soon a new Combined FCA (Jeep+Fiat) one as well, no?

Jeep ensures dealer and dealer-service-centre viability, sustainability, continuity and quality. For at least the next 5+ years, imo. Supplement that with select third party centres (many of which are already operational, this is NOT a rumour): not much (other than the usual like poor resale) at all to worry or risk.

OR: we could all buy only Marutis and Hyundais, and call it quits! ;-)

@vista7155

8. Tamil

Tamil Timido

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks for your concerns brother, appreciate it.

Resale is not something I consider while buying a car, bike, phone or anything.
    For example, I bought the Figo TDCI in 2011 which is not a resale king either, when everyone around me were pushing for Swift VDI. I've only considered GDP MJD and Figo TDCI at that time and chose Figo coz its interiors looked good than GDP, IMO.

I'm not totally against resale price, but I value the experience that I'm gonna get more than the resale price.

Parts availability is my only concern.

In Coimbatore there are plenty of high quality 3rd party workshops available where I can get good service support at cheap cost. For example there are two workshops (KR Autocare & South India Motors) exist within 5km radius who deal with BMW's, Merc's, Volvo's and other luxury cars, they have competent technicians as well.

But as I said already parts availability will be the only thing that can stop me going for a Fiat, I guess, and that's the reason I'm also considering S-Cross 1.6, now?

I've a funny theory that, In indian car scene (and in most other consumer industries as well), we can safely omit "people's choice" products!! :p:p

amitshedha, kinetic, Sujit508 and 2 others like this.
  9. amitshedha

amitshedha Amatore

Fiat parts are available at 99rpm.com as well. I am not sure if they have for evo and updated linea, but for grande punto, linea and even older models they have part available at FCA prices.

Tamil likes this.
  10. Tamil

Tamil Timido

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    There was a dealer in coimbatore whom now no longer been listed as exclusive fiat partner in fiat india's website. If I want to buy a fiat then I have to go 70kms away to the next district. So the chances of owning a fiat is getting slimmer every passing day.

I've included new rapid tdi mt along with the s-cross 1.6, in my list now.