1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT India Sales

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 5, 2015.

1. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @SwifttoPunto I have visited the FASS 5 times now. Only once the I left their place in 30 mins. Every other time it took 1 hour at the least. So I understand your problem. I have owned a RE in the past and a honda bike now. I wait atleast 1 hour at both the places during service. The Honda dealer has 5 service centers in Chennai and I hear other places are equally bad. They take 4 working days to service a bike! Inspite of all this people keep buying Honda bikes. So IMHO sales is not directly proportional to ASS quality.

Regarding bill, Fiat service interval is once in a year and MS or Hyundai is once in 6 months. So maintenance might be more or less equal I guess.
    jackharrisw and prabhjot like this.
  2. gpunto75

gpunto75 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Second free service with oil change and all filters change costs 5300 to 5500, same as third free service. Might be your bill is overburdened with some unnecessary work done. Please check service manual for 15000 km.
    Since you were not with the vehicle, they are on a safer side to convince you on anything.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr

They WILL have 10 JEEP dealerships in 8/9 cities by year-end, assuredly. It is a rollout: first one in Ahmedabad, a number of others nearing readiness in other cities.

AND: very many more rolling out in some of the smaller cities through the first half of next year (these last will most likely be, mostly, upgraded current-FIAT dealerships): in preparation for the c-suv/new Compass launch, at prices well-below, version for version, the new Fortuner (or so it seems afa one can make out.)

Then, in 2018: the new-Punto-based Jeep b-suv (Renegade-like) and/or all-new Fiat models like the 'new Punto'or 'new Avventura' (if they do decide to pursue FIAT further in india.)

How many JEEP/combined-with-FIAT dealers there will be by the c-suv and/or the b-suv launch: we'll see. BUT in any case: they'll probably cover at least 30-40+ cities, at least, by mid-late 2017 (locally manufactured Compass launch), with 10 by dec 2016. Plus, of course, the exports.

They're doing this globally (ex-usa, ex-italy, ex-brazil): new JEEP-anchored dealerships and ass centres. Usually combined with Alfa Romeo (mostly) or Fiat (italy and brazil) or Chrysler (china?)

The ONLY issue and doubt in India is whether FIAT will be deemed essential to dealer-body viability in India, or not, come say end-2018? In which case India may yet get one or two all-new FIAT models (if they can find export volumes-demand for made-in-India Fiats, i think, not otherwise.)

There will also be third-party, non-dealer ass centres for FIAT, in either case, as is increasingly already the case in many locations, a la RS Motors in Mumbai or DRS motors in Gurgaon etc. Throw in open-market and internet availability of FIAT spares and, whether FIAT stays or is withdrawn, a minimum (how good? DRS and RS Motors in Gurgaon and Mumbai are pretty good/ok and consistent, for eg) after-sales quantity and quality can/will be assured/ensured?

Win(fca)-win(new Jeep or combined-Jeep-cum-Fiat dealers, and new Jeep owners)-win(current FIAT owners).

As against the current situation, which is: lose(fca)-lose(current Fiat dealers)-lose(in the medium and longrun: current or new Fiat owners.)
    amitshedha likes this.
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hope so they roll Fiat & Jeep
    Clubbed up together in one shed soon.
    As I have been heard
    Fingers cross ( shud not b a rumor)
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 21, 2016 at 2:03 PM ---
    Mumbai has lost the sales of Italian beauties
    Krunal Bhatt, amitshedha and prabhjot like this.
  5. Krunal Bhatt

Krunal Bhatt Amatore

Punto Evo 1.3
    Hope, clubbed showroom starts with Mumbai. That can definitely increase sales of Abarth.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    This is an ongoing GLOBAL rollout of new, higher-end dealerships and aftersales centres, on a renewedly viable and sustainable-for-dealers basis, thanks to the addition of JEEP to FIAT, FIAT Professional, and Alfa Romeo.

and so on in country after country, including the uk, the usa (Fiat+CDJR, or Fiat+Alfa, or Alfa+Maserati), china (Jeep+Alfa+Chrysler), or Brazil (Fiat+Jeep, Jeep+Alfa), etc.

Interestingly, just like India, so many countries have all-new heads of FCA appointed, in europe, in australia, and the middle east.

As i have been posting forever: NOW is when FCA finally has the profitability to fully focus on all-new models, brands and countries, since the focus was till about 2014 totally on the USA market, factories, workforces, brands and models. Now is when the full-scale efforts of globalizing FCA beyond its old core markets (Southern Europe+Turkey, LatAm, N America) hit full-investment and commitment levels (Jeep in europe, latam and asia, Jeep+Alfa+Maserati+Chrysler+Ram in china/japan/australia.)

The 'delay' has been because the firm is a young one ('FCA' rather than 'Fiat Group') and has been timing the macroeconomic and market cycles, post the great 2008 recession in the usa, then the eurozone crisis in 2010 or so, now the LatAm/Brazilian recession, and so on.

FCA now has the capital, the growing profitability, the greatly lowered-cost of debt, the properly positioned brands (esp Jeep, Fiat, Alfa Romeo and Maserati: the global brands) WITH all-new models to live upto the brand-names, made at brand-new/renewed high-end plants, sold in ever higher numbers at new/upgraded/renewed dealerships....

PS: whether that includes the FIAT brand with all-new models in India, some say 2018, as opposed to just JEEP+(later)AlfaRomeo and/or Chrysler hybrids, is the only remianing doubt/legitimate-anxiety for us?!