1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT India Sales

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 5, 2015.

1. driveit

driveit Amatore

chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Yes that's right. TFI is a critical forum for fiat queries.
  2. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    @jackharrisw
    One word from my side about the service centre is pathetic.
    Last week gave the car for 45k service but took 3 days to deliver and expecting to give good feedback.
    Car was standing in the service due to unavailability of boot release cable.
    I think KHT is the only better in Bangalore but unfortunately it is very far from my place.
    Any how another 15k I will use and going to sell off the car so all these rant will stop and will have peace of mind.
    dadasaheb likes this.
  3. Revv

Revv Amatore

Chinchwad, Pune
    Chinchwadgaon Pune
    Linea 1.4
    @vista7155 Same for me. Service center here is just pathetic. It took them 7 days to get radiator in Pune itself. I mean if this is the situation in Pune where Fiat actually has a plant , I wonder how it is in other cities. Whatever good talent they have, always keeps on shifting to other brands.
    Fiat makes very good, class leading cars but owning experience is total letdown.

As for 500 odd sales last month. They deserve it.
    vista7155 and dadasaheb like this.
  4. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    W
    Where did you give? Vecto?
  5. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    But fiat guys in Coimbatore are good, This happened in kumbhakonam : We locked the remote key in the boot's lip (inside) in new linea 2015 make.
    There was no way we could access the the doors coz the car was locked out.
    called up Coimbatore FASS - SA and he told the scale method and we opened the doors, but we had to boen the boot to get the key.
    he asked us to short two wires but that didnt work. Then the spare key was sent all the way from coimbatore to take the car back home.
    the boot still didnt open even after powering up the car. reason : The short circut blew up the boot lock fuse.

We came back to coimbatore called up Fiat guys.
    Next day they came, opened the cars doors doing some jugaad with the obd and laptop, replaced the fuse. and Done in an hour or so.

So where does bad Service comes here...?
    I believe its coming down to the dealers and there is a lot of Indian Style politics happenning, as service issues are not communicated to the HQ.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The service centre scene here in Dilli-Gurgaon-fardidabad (DRS R+G, kashyap) is still plenty-decent/acceptable.

Still this just shows the vicious cycle of a brand-beyond-repair, that's all. The new dealers and aftersales centres were premised on a large sales-bump-up, which were premised on the drastic-facelift of the cars + the india-special Avventura.

The latter did not happen, despite several ad campaigns (however much we may say 'Fiat should've spent more, done even more marketing etc'). Partly also because of the market serious-slowdown that began in 2012/13, partly also the soaring rents, partly the new-model-onslaught from the big-daady-s (MSuzuki+Hyundai).

Meanwhile, the service centres and dealerships have the typical-in-india exorbitant rents to payon land/property, and the usual-for-the-industry severe shortage of skilled and good manpower willing and/or able to accept the wages on offer.

ERGO: the symptoms start showing up and get-worse. A few dealerships shut down. Turnover drops, leading to rationing of things like spares-inventory+good-well-paid technicians, etc.

FIAT is not the worst-afflicted at all: even with closure of Pandit, there's ok/acceptable JV, even with closure of 2 in dilli-ncr there still are 3/4 half-good-enough ass centres, etc.

Nissan and GM are. Many VW, Tata (until recently, let's see how the new models fare for tata and their new/refreshed/reinvested dealers) and Ford + even BMW dealers are in equal or worse 'wars'.

The indian car baazar is a REsale-value and servicing-trust industry first, and a product/nameplate/brand one distant-second. THIS is true EVEN for ms+hy+toyota+honda+tata, though perhaps not for Mahindra. ALL the more so for brands like Fiat that have had an entrenched pre-given/historical legacy distrust and mistrust.

THAT, then, is why it is likely impossible for firms/brands like Fiat or Chevy or indeed Tata(?), VW+Skoda to make a breakthrough (again).

The market 'common'-sense, already prone to risk-aversion and somewhat/very ignorant, does NOT forgive or forget, at all, let alone easily-enough.

Hence it is sensible-enough of FCA to gradually, through attrition, scale back the Fiat dealership body, keeping a stronger and better core intact though, and rely on the Jeep models (esp 2017's locally-manufactured c-suv) to assure viability for dealerships (of course there'll apparently also be Jeep-exclusive dealers in the top several cities.) And then.....(IF at all) launch the all-new Fiats that everyone seems to crave but next-to-none will buy!

I am happier with just a very busy and therefore slow kashyap in delhi than to have 4 centres, 2/3 of whom are/were unsustainable financially (given the bloated rentals, etc). Rather just have a better and more-viable drs gurgaon than them alongwith the weak/poor TorqueMotors, etc etc.

Many of the smaller-town Fiat delaerships seem from accounts to be both ok quality-wise and a bit healthier/more sustainable financially?
  7. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    @Saji Babu
    Service done from Aadya as it is very near to my office.
    Vecto is also not so good and i have already experienced form Mysore road.
  8. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    At least FCA will never change their attitude as our beloved member "Prabhjot" :woot:.
    From June there will be no one to rant FCA in this forum and also no one to defend.
    By God grace if FCA improves by 5% from this situation may rethink to buy next product if available.
    The situation of FCA is like I...S hit nor here nor there and owners like refugee taking shelter from others.
    And still think FCA dealers are good please revisit the Fiat linea's fraud thread in this forum and will understand the quality of dealers.
    Last edited: May 6, 2016
    gpunto75 likes this.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @vista7155

Understand and judge/emote/scorn/be-disgusted-disenchanted/etc. Why are the two opposed? Let us do both! If we care to, that is. We have the space (TFI) till June! ;-)
  10. Krunal Bhatt

Krunal Bhatt Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Ahmedabad
    Punto Evo 1.3
    To revive the thread and to post the July Figure..
    Punto(Pure,Evo,Avventura) : 424
    Abarth : 13
    Linea : 123
    Total : 560

(Source : Auto Punditz)
    SOOZ_P, bharath, Ravi_M and 5 others like this.