1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT India Sales

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 5, 2015.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    But the Tata Nano twist is an upmarket chic city car at a cut-price, kind of like the original Fiat Cinquecento in post-war Europe, and the Mini in postwar Britain! ;)

I believe the Go series is meant more for exports to say, sub-saharan and North Africa? Myanmar? Laos? Vietnam? Even the Taliban and ISIS would hesitate to be seen in one of them!

And seems to be more an exercize in Indian 'frugal innovation', that old rotten baadaam pheni cocktail that Indian businessfolk and writers seem to have fed Carlos Ghosn!:p
  2. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3
    Sir, I love the sarcasm. We should meet. :)
  3. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Yup - Hubli to Sirsi 100 kms of winding 2 way traffic roads and undulating terrain. Only the driver (me) without AC. Maintained around 80 kmph (around 2500 rpm). MID showed 20 kmpl at the end of 100 kms drive. Had it been on 4 lane highway in flat terrain probably it would have touched 21 or 22 I feel. Therefore don't dismiss the FIRE engine. It has lot of FIRE in it :)

However story in bumper to bumper traffic in Bangalore city is very different. In Bangalore city traffic it never crossed 10 kmpl.

People don't mind Fiat named as QuadraJet or DDiS under the hood. Fiat name outside the hood has some fear factor. That is the fun. Fiat's past in India is haunting them - that's all. Even now it is not late if the management wakes up and improves service. One should not have to travel more than 100 kms for service. Those service stations should have strict quality control from Fiat. If they ensure these two then they have future. Else they will remain technology sellers to others.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Yes since this a sales related thread, the post prior to mine mentioned a 20kmpl FE need, which is exactly what you had quoted. I meant the same thing that FIRE engine still has the fire in it.. :) I am sure other members too can get such FE at mentioned speed/revs.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. bibin

bibin Regolare

Has Fiat done a mistake by giving the same front appearances to EVO and avventura , which resulted in sales cannibalization for EVO?

I feel both should have been kept differently in terms of physical appearance , even though mechanically they are same.
    prabhjot and dadasaheb like this.
  6. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    @bibin lets see if FCA india corrects the mistake made by them.
    +1 they have launched Evo before Avvy thus killing the new product even before launch.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. bibin

bibin Regolare

8. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Avventura 1.3 90 HP
  9. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Do not fear Bibin, From the days of Palio in 2000s( or after the failed deliveries of UNO which had the largest booking numbers till date) , Fiat has always struggled to sell cars, People ever since have been predicting Fiat will shut shop and leave owners stranded. But its been 15 years now, and they have been making some excellent cars, cars with heart !!

Do not Fret, Fiat is very Resilient, Its almost like they dont care to sell cars for aam junta, only a select few . Enjoy your fiats !!!
  10. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Linea 1.3
    In my perspective the captur isn't a looker but the duster looks massive

Unless they bring the crossover with some more body building this car won't sell like the duster..

But yeah definitely will sell better the fiat brothers coZ Renault will friggin market them and show ad's and hypnotize the people to buy it

what will fiat do?? Share a post on facebook which will barely get 20 likes...