1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT India Sales

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 5, 2015.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Krunal Bhatt

Delhi 'still' has 3 dealers and service centres, though Gurgaon now has 'just' 2 service FASS centres, the dealer showroom having shut down due to high rents etc.

Kashyap in Delhi would, i suppose and presume, be getting a Jeep franchise too, as will someone new or good-old (eg DRS Faridabad and gurgaon-fass?) as a Jeep-cum-Fiat replacement and upgraded dealership+ass facility. However, the current uncertainties in the delhi ncr market (bigger than the next 5 biggest cities put together!) concerning diesel engines, emissions, engine-capacity and/or higher-taxation etc are, i imagine a major spanner in the Jeep-brand-launch works in Dilli. Until clarity emerges.

BUT your point is very valid. Their declared strategy of Jeep-exclusive dealerships+ass centres for only the biggest cities while everywhere else Jeep dovetailing with Fiat dealers and ass centres (with presumably some upgrading of people and processes if needed as it is in some cases, but only some) is a sound one IMO.

Since it uses JEEP margins to shore up the longer-run viability of Fiat dealers, which really is the ONLY issue afai am concerned with the Fiat brand's low-sales-volume perennial-issue. While allowing the Fiat brand some time and hopefully a halo-effect for the all-new model strategy to be rolledout (that will take us to the end of CY2018 at least?)
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    @prabhjot Fiat need not be in the mass market of the Altos eons and kwids. But for a company that sells cars as their primary product, they should altleast be in the top 3 in one of the segments that they sell. Renault has done it with the Kwid and duster. Mahindra with the xuv500. Point is that just having 2 good products will not help in this market considering the past baggage they carry with their brand. They need anticipate and create new products and not just bring in something when others have long milked the market.
    Raj_pol and prabhjot like this.
  4. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    If FCA is going with current bunch of dealers for sales and service for jeep then
    God save those new souls who are going to spend north of 50L.
  5. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Chennai
    @vista7155 , I don't find any reason to complain about the existing dealers at least in the cities I know(Chennai, Salem, Coimbatore). I regularly service my car in Chennai and the service experience is equivalent to Maruti if not better. I have heard many members were satisfied with the service quality in Bangalore too.
  6. Krunal Bhatt

Krunal Bhatt Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Ahmedabad
    Punto Evo 1.3
    April-2016 sales.
    Total - 486 cars. (Evo + Pure+Avventura+Abarths+Lineas):bigtears:
    karaka likes this.
  7. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Bangalore too is fine but not in the league of MS or Hyundai
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Thats fatigue after the marathon March year end sale.

Abdul
    Raj_pol and sathishgv like this.
  9. Krunal Bhatt

Krunal Bhatt Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Ahmedabad
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @jumu I hope so.. but Marathon March year end sale too was at 750 only. :smuggrin:
    sathishgv likes this.
  10. gpunto75

gpunto75 Amatore

Nasik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Make that 350 in June, if TFI goes off. TFI contributes as good as mouth publicity for Fiat sales.