1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT India Sales

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 5, 2015.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    I hesitate to claim that FIAT is one of the few car companies (the only one?) to not, to put it politely, "GAME" the arai fuel efficiency and emissions official numbers, as i have no doubt Maruti and hyundai and Mahindra too (+obviously VW group) do. Esp the multijet.

Though i believe it to be true, based on all available evidence i've seen and encountered/researched.

@nibedk @drknaresh
    asimpleson and avi_loveindia like this.
  2. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @i_mysterious1 Sorry mate. my fault. Read between the lines:D. Well so we both are on the same page regarding the weights. But I disagree on the FE of Marutis and agree with what @drknaresh has to say. I had a Swift before I bought the GP 90 HP and I know how I had to pester to get a mileage of 14/15 kmpl even though it was a petrol. I had to drive in speeds between 60-90 kmh to even get close to that mileage. Trust me I never had to coax or pester my Fiat. The best i have got is 21.4 kmpl over a strecth of 400 kms driving at speeds between 70-100 kmh but still achieveing a avarahe of 72 kmh. That was the one and only time I drove with FE in my mind but even then I ended up with quite good average of 72kmh.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 12, 2016 ---
    Finally we agree on something.:p Even though we disagree on most stuff but at least we all here in the forumwant Fiat to do well. Earn all the profits as well as have good sales numbers. Am I dreaming ??:rolleyes:
  3. i_mysterious1

i_mysterious1 Novizio

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yeah @nibed @drknaresh @prabhjot @gpunto75 we all want FIAT to fo really well. Everytime Fiat shoots itself in the foot, We feel bad because we are so emotionally attached to the brand. Hope something like Freemont or the Aegea cars or MJD II or Multiair engines find place in the Autoexpo 2017.
    Wonder what Fiat is thinking though!
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 12, 2016 ---
    Regarding my earlier post, @nibedk it was FE in the city. There is a huge difference of FE for my car in the city as compared to highway. As you rightly put, the gear box must be the culprit,also traffic conditions at my place. Thanks for the constructive talk bro.
    nibedk, prabhjot and gpunto75 like this.
  4. gpunto75

gpunto75 Amatore

Nasik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    February 2016 sales
    Fiat : 609 nos total.
    No more comments.
    Meanwhile I'm hiding behind the third pillar, waiting and watching.
    Tornado, asimpleson, bharath and 3 others like this.
  5. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    :) FIAT loves straight line graphs.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Guys it's high time we stop reacting so passionately every month or two about Fiat sales. It is quite obvious even if Fiat does manage to do many things right, like in no time it will still take ages before they reach somewhere in the middle of the sales race of car companies. Frankly it amuses me why one should fret soo very much over a company that has such a disconnect with the Indian market and customer needs. Service for existing customers remains stable at places and abysmal at others, but still a whole lot of room for improvement. Sales is nearly non-existent and so is a lack of confidence inspiring strategy. I find solace in the fact that this company manages to stay afloat in global perspective and even make headlines in certain regions where it is doing much more than a better job. Meanwhile the arbitrary (for common man) rules for engine sizes and changes in fuel pricings make it an even complex math to solve and demands a wider portfolio of cars specifically for varying community of user classes and varying needs. Government policy on EV may also come into force or effect again in an arbitrary fashion or timing if you will. EV is happening faster than we think. How India adopts it will be another big mystery.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Aseem, which came first? Non existent strategy or low sales? I guess both are related. What Fiat is expecting from the market is an exponential sales but at no vision. No new models to lure the customers, service levels are insipid, dealers are slowly backing off. How does one expect sales when the strategy to address these issues itself are not in place. The CEO appointment happens with such great pomp and splendour show but does it bring a fresh air to the other wise oxygen depleted environment at Fiat head quarters?
    gpunto75 likes this.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Unfulfillment of orders comes first, administrative challenges and strikes next, corrupt monopolistic dealerships next, sales takes hit after that, then come products that are good but hate persists towards company, then again the issue of tieups to inspire customer confidence, and again a divorce to orphan customers of the new alliance, also comes misrepresentation of the products, price bracket that does not resonate well for entry level city cars or hatches, neither merits calling itself premium in the true sense, again a failure of marketing to sustain a decent sales volume, wrongful dealer policies, wrongful product launch startegies, timings, list doesn't end. The identity crisis is Fiat's own failure to hang between the mass market brands and semi-premium or premium brands.
  9. Aditya0027

Aditya0027 Timido

Pune
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hello Fiatins.. I think this is more to do with push that is required for FIAT to Say even we are there right now its just the Fiat lovers who are helping in marketing the brand, if at all FIAT Signs Someone as a Brand Ambassador ( tata motors did sign up L MESSI) also some changes to the way ASS works i mean small thing like Vespa where the Alternate Service is free of course its a 2 wheeler but some tweaks that seeks attention in the such a cutting edge competition.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The sales stats for most models from most firms are a sea of red: and things will be getting a good deal worse over the next many months, imo. Even the new Ford Figo+Aspire have sunk, as has the Ecosport (now that the big dada has a competitor model, Suzuki with the Brezza......) etc etc.

As I've been saying forever: there is a recession underway in the indian car market, since 2012, when you adjust for the new investments, so many new models, AND most importantly the fact that the market is, by-far, the worlds' most concentrated-to-the-point-of-oligopolism, dominated by just 2-3 firms.

It is funny indeed that FIAT is one of the very few brands to've actually grown year-on-year, feb-to-feb, this last month. Ha! ;-)

FCA is doing the right thing: going the JEEP and exports way. FIAT is on a hiding-to-nothing IF it launches all-new models in 2017+2018, which however is what they appear to be committed-to. Ah well, we'll see how THAT goes. One can only be pessimistic!

Unless they combine sales AND after-sales with one or even 3 other firms (eg., tata+chevy+ford?) Swim together or sink seperately: the writing's on the wall in this marketplace, financially-speaking rather than just-sales-numbers-wise?

The one good and likely/rumoured prospect for FCA in India, however, is the further adoption of the mjd 1.3 and/or the upcoming mjd 2litre meant so-far only for Jeeps and Tata's new suv-s (2017+2018) by one or more other companies as well, given the enormous costs to many firms of meeting the 2021 (?) emissions norms since several of them have no in-house diesel engines that can fit the bill at Indian-market-competitive costs or indeed at all. Perhaps even Mahindra, let alone Toyota??
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.