1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT India Sales

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Look at Renault Kwid and I think with this I can safely say that I have been vindicated. I had always maintained that making a good looking car out of tin, insane mileage, good bling and chikni chameli tyres would sell like crazy. It did - a 150% growth
    i_mysterious1 likes this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Very Hilarious..! :hilarious:

There was no doubt it was to succeed in reasonable numbers to say the least. We will see how much it holds the market over a prolonged period. Hopefully Renault will follow Maruti and Hyundai. The question is does Fiat have tin can and will it then count as a "Fiat". More indigenous component and vendor development might be needed to bring cost further down. But quality control is a problem with localisation for Fiat. Also sales are big factor to vendors not partnering much in bringing quality cost effective solutions or it could be incompetent management and systems. And again the brand image and marketing does not seem to help and keeps working in negative manner. Unforgiving Janta! Janta Janardan.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    BMW sells more cars every month than Fiat. Fiat owners are in a really exclusive club.
    bharath, naruf1, Tony and 3 others like this.
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Happy with Selling Engines
  5. i_mysterious1

i_mysterious1 Novizio

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Fiat seems to look up this forum atleast once in a while. I have started to see some fiat ads on tv. And surprise! A new ad edited from an old ad appears for a longer duration on tv. Looks like they have been listening to us.
    But the big disappointment was the Auto Expo 2016. Or was it? The Avventura Urban Cross was a great looker. But when the production version comes out, will it have the same oomph and beautiful alloy wheels?
    India is obsessed with mileage. Fiat needs to get this right. While maruti and tata can tune the mjd and milk it, why cant FIAT come up with a ecu tweak to deliver better?
    I know maruti's tins weigh far lesser, but its the map that does the trick. Mitsubishi's ecu worked wonders in terms of mileage,because the same 1.3 mjd in a heavier Ciaz or an Ertiga betters the mileage of a Punto. FIAT, if you guys are listening, tweak your engines for better mileage, to win more customers. We enthusiasts also will benefit from it as it will increase service centres and profitability for Fiat.
    I had a friend who was simply amazed by my 90 Hp punto but mileage won over him finally and went for a baleno.. Whats the catch,pocket friendly=more prospective buyers.
    Renault' s dci was proven in an inferiorly selling verito/logan because of low operating costs and mileage among taxis, later Duster cemented it. My friends Duster gives better mileage than my punto, though it doesnt hurt me, it gives me a logical question- why should a mileage crazy Indian buy a FIAT over anothef car. Mind you, enthusiasts are always few.
    bharath and gpunto75 like this.
  6. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @i_mysterious1. Get the facts right. Ciaz is lighter than Punto 90 HP. Even Honda city is.

Ertiga though is heavier. Then Ertiga is a much bigger vehicle as well. And to be frank the difference in FE is minuscle. What I have got mileage of over 21 kmpl on my 90 HP. Lot of examples in this forum itself of folks having got mileage of over 25 kmpl on Lineas as well which is almost as heavy as Ertiga.

One reason is the gear box as well with its ratios. Marutis gearbox are a lot more slicker as well which helps FE. To be frank tuning the Punto 90 HP as a Ciaz or Ertiga will be a joke.

Baleno and Swift are no doubt peppy but when you factor in 300 and 200 kgs difference in weight obviosuly FE is going to rise. More than the MJD tuning its the weight of these cars which make them agile and more efficient but at what cost ....safety??

MJDs in FIAT irrespective of the tuning is capable of matching the FEs achieved by Marutis in the correct hands.

On a recent 3 K trip I got a mileage of of close to 18 kmpl driving @ speeds of 120 km/h. Well its anybody guess what would have been the mileage had I drove @ 90 km/h. And 3K is a big sample for measuring FE. Its not like I got this average driving a few 100 kms.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Fiat is India long enough then any of the current players but its continued neglect of how our market is developing has led it to current state.
    To start with the compact Sedan concept was first, even though Tata was the first to have a vehicle in that category they blew it up by bringing Zest after Maanza.
    Compact SUV, none including Maruthi and M&M who are supposed to be the Kings in that segment realised it until it was too late.
    Hyundai even though it missed the bus it came with Creta at much Premium price and is now ruling the market.
    In fact they were the first to exploit compact Sedan concept with a premium hatch back in I20.
    Baleno was very much after thought for Maruthi just like Breeza.
    Now the preference of Sedans are going down but Indian customer is not averse to pay such amount for a well made premium hatch.
    Otherwise why such a big success of I20???
    If only Fiat can seriously think of undiluted Ottimo cross with all the bells and whistle's just like super premium luxury hatch even a price of 12 lac on road will find good number of buyers, who will happily trade their Sedans and will think twice before spending huge amount for pseudo SUV's.
    Hmmmmm, as if someone from Fiat is reading this we are posting all this ....
  8. gpunto75

gpunto75 Amatore

Nasik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    January 2016 split up:
    Abarth 17 + Evo Avventura 520 + Linea 93
    bharath likes this.
  9. i_mysterious1

i_mysterious1 Novizio

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Dear @nibedk, When I said heavier vehicles, it was in reference to swift or baleno..Not punto 90 HP. My punto 90 HP gave me 18.4 on the highway within 2000km of initial driving. And I drove between 100-110 kmph.I do have my facts bro..Just made a point that FE means big to the Indian customer. And by no means do I intend to reckon that shedding weight is a solution. My colleague who bought a Baleno,described the car as a tin can just today when we got into his car. Every panel in the car was moving on pressure,which pretty much is the case with every Maruti, S-cross being an exception.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  10. drknaresh

drknaresh Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I own a linea and due to few personal reasons I am driving an Ertiga now and the difference I noted wrt to mileage is that It's a myth that ertiga gives more mileage than a linea. If I drive ertiga like I drive my linea, I would get a pathetic mileage of 14kmpl on a highway, whereas my linea used to return me a milege of 16.9kmpl. My best mileage with linea was 22.5 kmpl when driven between 100 and 110 kmph.