1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT India Sales

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Revv

Revv Amatore

Chinchwad, Pune
    Chinchwadgaon Pune
    Linea 1.4
    Agree with you. Fiat should work towards changing people's perception towards the brand FIAT. Unless they do that nothing will change. Fiat cars are BEST among the competition and they should highlight that. Anyway people are arguing and debating about this for years now. I don't think there is any point in debating this anymore.
    Raaz likes this.
  2. Raaz

Raaz Amatore

Andhra Pradesh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Sure, But as long as Fiat doesn't provide the basic infrastructure viz enough Showrooms/Reliable Service/Reasonable Price for spares (Even for old models), you can't change the perception of the people's minds. And I can't blame the people for that. It's solely Fiat's responsibility to build the confidence. And iam the first one to cheer them if they ever gain that.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Who needs any 'consolation'? I certainly don't. I could care less whether FCA sells 606 cars, 712 cars, 1201 or 1709 cars: the cars are great, the brand is likeable and is afaik trying well and hard. Am happy enough, one bought a car and bought-into a brand-story, NOT into the silly pride of knowing our cars are bestsellers. That pride and perverse "my car's sales numbers are glorious) satisfaction that has means and ends mixed up belongs to maruti, Hyundai and honda owners alone, and that will NOT change for many many, years, if ever.

The question is different: it is about the future, for which the real structural reasons behind the brand's dimmed trust and pull-factor have to correctly understood. Only then can it be decided which new models to bring and how to market them (each of these requiring a combined total of several hundreds of crores of fresh highly risky investments).

FIAT cannot afford to open any more dealers and after-sales centres, except say in Mumbai: sales are currently too low, and prospects are hardly guaranteed, either.

I increasingly feel FIAT cannot recover and/or will not be allowed by the market to recover from its long-past errors/inabilities esp financial of omission (very few of 'errors' of comission, to be fair).

Unless it scales down dealers and becomes a pure several-niches (like Abarth Punto+Avventura, plus models like say the 500L or 500X) brand that relies more on exports and on vicarious success via tata and maruti. And focusses the smaller but tighter, more viable (?) dealer-body on say only the top 25-35 cities.

Perhaps
    even: by the time the JEEP dealerships have fully rolled out in say 3/4 years time, they should not have any independent FIAT dealers at all but only combined ones selling Jeeps and only 3-4 more-premium Fiats and Abarths, centering the Ranjangaon plant's output of Fiats away from the Indian market and very very much towards exports+supplying Tata (and Maruti)?
  4. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    we all read your post prbhjot, now what you want us to do???? You should send all your post to FIAT, there is no point of writing such long posts.
  5. Whencut86

Whencut86 Amatore

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Not sure if it is appropriate to post here but due to recent floods, RDC's service center at Ekkadunthangal Chennai was flooded fully. Ramkay Fiat's service center is at Perungudi and I guess water must have gone inside there as well Their showroom is at Velachery which is prone to severe water logging. Tough times for both the Fiat dealers at Chennai amidst these sales numbers. Hope things improve for both these dealers.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    @prashantgupta84, this is a fiat owners forum and "prabhjot is a passionate fiat owner wishing his brand to do well and expressing his thoughts . Let him do what he is doing and its all to an individuals freedom to read or gloss over. As long as the posts dont hurt anybody, it should be fine. He does provide a lot of world wide info on fiat and many fiat lovers enjoy it. End of the day it is the PASSION why we are all here.

Abdul
  7. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am not denying the fact that prabjhot is the one that provide us the most information and we like it. My comments were for post relating to how can FIAT increase its sale etc.... Nothing personal against anyone. I am also an avid FIAT fan.
    jackharrisw and jumu like this.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    No offence given or taken, man/sirji!

Knowing chat and chatter about Fiat, Jeep etc is all that matters here, after all, no?:) Including that undying question of 'FIAT sales'!:p
    jackharrisw, bharath, jumu and 2 others like this.
  9. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Just read a post about automotive sales data for last month in teambhp.
    Fiat hovering around same numbers. Don't see any effect of Abarth..
  10. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Maruti at the top and FIAT at the bottom - the 2 most consistent players in the market.:happy: