1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT India Sales

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 5, 2015.

1. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    @dadasaheb I totally agree, coz that's how the current market is.

And weight is not the only reason for fiat's feeling underpowered, a 100 kilos shouldn't make so much of difference. It's just like a driver only punto = 3 people in swift and still a swift can win a drag race.

I never get the reason how an engine maker cannot tune his own creation?
  2. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Even if Fiat comes with the same 1.5 engine, people will still go and buy the higher powered cars made from mashed paper. Because it will be cheaper to repair (in their minds) and will have much power on a power/weight ratio. Only those who understand and want a car for its driving pleasure will keep coming back to Fiat. On the other hand, there is a small group of people who have become more mobile and are looking to travel often by driving. If and when the realization dawns that fatigue free and engaged driving manners are required, maybe then people will start looking at Fiat. The novelty value of a car in India needs to change to its true value. It will take many years if at all.

This is something I've never understood either. They have the skill and ability and resources to tune their own engine. Just don't know why they don't do it. In fact, the 1.3 MJD's tuning is the best in the Zest. Tata have done it brilliantly.
    prabhjot and dadasaheb like this.
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I think Fiat should rope in a good marketing firm with long term brand building objectives.They have to increase their budget may be 3-4 fold or more for advertising to get the brand noticed.Hyundai and Maruti are constantly bombarding with their ads and not letting the consumer attention getting diverted else where.
  4. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    +1,FIAT may also concentrate more in the tire 2,3 cities where negativity around the brand is min./less & where FIAT has not closed down it's shop before.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    No matter how well they tune the MJD's, completely unsure on how many will leave the Jap's and Koreans and come to FIAT! It is the brand perception that needs to change.

With the number of new options available for the buyers and the upcoming launches from the competition, how many of us feel that even if they introduce 2 Litre MJD in Linea, people will leave the Japs and Koreans and come for it? Any product will have a life cycle, ends depending on the success of the product. FIAT needs to check that aspect and plan for the future. One eg that I can think of is SX4. Maruti replaced it with CIAZ with a completely new design but with the same engine option and the sales increased from lower 3 digit to higher 4 digits! Is CIAZ better than SX4 on highways, durability, safety, stability etc, I doubt! But a fresh product and all of us can see the turn around!
  6. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    We dont want a 2.0 MJD linea
    We just want fiat to tweak the gearbox and tune the engine (if they cannot do it , just ask the tata person to tune it for them and accept their inability to tune their own engine)

and For the love of god, they should post atleast 10 advertisement per day in leading TV channels(zonal) or sponsor some great movie like "Shamitab" to generate publicity.
    jackharrisw, Raj_pol and dadasaheb like this.
  7. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    My humble idea - A lot of fans here are mistaken that FIAT is doing a lot. Sorry 2 products in 6 years is not doing a lot. Fiat should understand that they are not going to sell a lot of those.
    They should also understand that the looks of the Linea - well might not be to everybody's taste. Not everybody likes the slightly rounded edges, some folks like more sharper features. I always liked the way the Hyundai Verna looked and it did sell initially even going past the Honda for some time. Now they are bringing a facelift. Folks are bored, change the looks and bring a new one, the way it should be.
    Saying that it is a legendary design and forcing it on everyone does not work. The Linea is well oldish. My opinion but I know matches a lot of sedan customers who buy purely on the looks and for me too, the looks matter for a 10 lakh toy. Do not beat me for this :)

The Mazda is sexy, nav-newLinea.jpg
    MY15_M35DOOR_EXT_13_975x443.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 6, 2015 ---
    Continuing...Not everyone is going to be a race driver even less so in India. What we would love is a head turner, drive it slowly (ride and handling be damned), bring it to that expensive hotel, park it and everyone gives a second look. Who cares if you fit something that looks the Mazda with a 1.3MJD, hell maybe even a Fire engine.
  8. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    @prabhjot
    Yes I am on other forums as well.
    Coming back to suzuki diesel engine yes i have read the news from below link.
    This may be 2014 news but Suzuki is on the lines of developing the 1.5 and 1.6 engines.
    Suzuki will be on the lines of cutting of royalty to Fiat inturn the suzuki can continue with same price range and bag more profit by avoiding the royalty to Fiat.
    And With TATA there is no official announcement about the usage of 2 Ltr MJD it is speculation if you have the link please share it.
    Varicor is a proved engine for TATA they may continue it with it and save some money without paying Fiat.
    And above points regarding the engines make business sense for these corporates, where at the end of the $$$ matters for them.
    http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...g-new-diesel-engine/articleshow/44447976.cms#
    dadasaheb likes this.
  9. acechip

acechip Superiore

Did you catch the elaborate details of the Linea design philosophy by the eminent Fiatologist in the thread on Fiat Future plans? Of course it also contains some commentary by one of Fiats most ardent critics currently, who has views similar views.
    Jokes aside, I think any further discussion is pointless.Would request that we have a thread in the other cars section, where members can have more lively discussions on their other favorite cars (owned, aspired)!
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @vista7155 Why will they ever move to their own engines/not shift to the 2litre mjd when Fiat can offer them a proven, a better in every way, lowcost (because of economies of scale of localaized manufacture) engine that is already in use in their cars in Europe. It costs hundreds of millions of dollars to develop a top-notch new engine, to test it, to then tune both it and the car's suspension/brakes etc for carrying it, let alone set up a full supply chain and engine assembly plant. A small royalty payment, small because numbers of engine sales are so large, does not make the economic/business case for the MJD's use by Tata and Maruti go away at all.

@Raj_pol

Mazda, sure, of course (the most Italian of the Japanese car companies)...but the Honda City or the Hyundai Verna or the Maruti Ciaz or the VW Vento as exemplars of good looks (whether that means handsome or gorgeous, seductive or a temptress, cool or red-hot etc, elegant or gothic)? No, Not, nako, no way, nahin! The new Linea's still the best looking, and if you 'still like driving'....;)

But yeah, I think you're right: the Linea has a lot of pent-up sales potential still going waste, as shown by the doubling of sales figures over december and jan. Obviously: the 1.6 mjd! But yeah, they should probably redo the front grill+bumper+headlights, to say the Avventura's...especially if they're planning on a 'fast-sporting-sexy' brand-turn, what with the t-jets in all 3 cars.
    asimpleson likes this.