1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT India Sales

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Feb 5, 2015.

1. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Linea 1.3
    Lots of rumors going around. I had heard that jay vijay is making losses by giving discounts and will be shut down soon since they are not able to sustain. All such news needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. Another rumor is that jay vijay is looking to start a big service center near wagholi. Conflicting news
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Linea T-Jet
    Here's the image of sales/dealer for various brands:

More than Fiat, Skoda owners should be worried. India is going to be big market and Fiat isn't going anywhere anytime soon. They just need one hit product. Baby step at a time, overtake VW, GM as next step w/o selling a sub 4 lac worth product:)
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 23, 2015 ---
    @Vidhyashankar Kannan -- The 35 feet linea fall is a different case, difference from the defense guy's case that I talked of. Here's the 35 feet linea fall guy (advertised on FB page), owner of 3 Fiats:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    Vidhyashankar Kannan and SVN like this.
  3. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Fiat Enthusiast
    Today Morning , Indian Express. Half page on the first page

4. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Linea T-Jet
  5. SVN

SVN Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Today I saw a new hoarding in Chennai (Kodambakkam flyover) with same creative.

As per the creative, chrome around fog lamps is coated with red paint and also a scorpion sticker on the bonnet...
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

Is it a 285 car sold per dealer for 2015?
    If it is so then we have to take the report with pinch of salt because as of now FCA have 131 sales dealer in the contry and if we take 285 per dealer then the whole year sales figure will be 37335 where as per our forum sales report FCA on an average they might have sold 12K maximum in the year so it is really confusing about the image you have shared or my understanding is wrong?
    shams likes this.
  7. Revv

Revv Amatore

Chinchwad, Pune
    Chinchwadgaon Pune
    Linea 1.4
    Let me try to reply to everyone as possible. Can't do that for each post as my family member is in hospital and I don't have much time.
    1. @prabhjot Customer satisfaction is key for any business. If you can't even provide basic services I don't think you are going to survive for long. No matter how good your product is. I too wish Fiat sells as much as it deserves, but If someone who currently owns a Fiat and has to wait for almost one hour just to get a freaking service appointment, I realistically don't think it is gonna happen.
    2. Sky moto is not shutting down. I went to Sky Moto today again. Their service today was what I would say exceptional. I am very impressed. OTOH Jay Vijay Fiat is pathetic. I wont be surprised if they are shutting down their business. Anyway this is my personal opinion. Also I don't think anyone from Pandit has joined Jay Vijay.
    3. @Aniruddh Sharma : Correct. But again I can't waste 4 hours (1 hour each to get to service center and 2 at the service center) of my day to get an service appointment on some other day.
    4. @cassini I agree with what you said. But when I buy a car I do expect at least some after-sales service from the dealer. P.S I am not buying Ciaz as of now. My dad did not like its build quality.

@nkrishnap I like your signature "Adopt the pace of nature (or Fiat !??:p) ; her secret to success is patience!"
    abhinav_nani and vista7155 like this.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    But i thought SkyMoto was utterly awful, everyone seems to say so? And JayVijay was/is/will be.....too busy, maybe a little brusque but unethical and with poor-quality-work-and-workmen?

Now, tell me: does any of this contradictory info, with dealers taking turns at being rumoured to shut down, all amplified, distorted or spiced by fear/paranoia/skepticism/cynicism etc amount to a reason to refuse to buy a FIAT, if, that is, one sees the usp-s of a Fiat?

IMO, this anxiety/worry/etc has been going on with FIAT for years....and yet for the most part we will mostly agree that ASS support has been steadily improving over the last few years, in almost all cities (except maybe Mumbai and even they have the reputedly excellent, but small and congested, RS Motors), on average across centres, including in many places even in the supposedly intolerably bad TASS days?

One would think ASS centre quality-and-satisfaction-risk is at 80%! It's there no doubt, but no more than say 10-25% depending on how one measures these things, but is that true only of Fiat or say Tata or Nissan or Chevy? I know so many people with far-less-than-stellar individual experiences, even if one-off, with Hyundai, Honda and Maruti, Ford too, let alone Tata, Skoda and VW, Audi, Mercedes, BMW?

ASS quality-risk is one of any number of humunguous, bigger risks involved in owning and driving a car over years. Why do we treat it like it is some sort of existential, dreadful thing? If things like the manners of the SA or the waiting-time for one's car's turn (once or twice a year) at a service centre are the reason.....
  9. bibin

bibin Regolare

i think they are taking the core dealers who has both service center and sales point at a particular location not individual sales points and it seems out 131 centers around 80 to 90 has both service center and sales point together.
  10. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Linea T-Jet
    @vista7155 -- Source of information/chart is -- http://indiaautoreport.com/dealer-profitability/

I was told by SC at Indore that they service 7 to 10 Fiats per working day on an average. They can't take more than 10 in any case.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 23, 2015 ---
    During my first (of the three) recent trips to ASSC for few in-warranty replacements, the Service center boss said with folded hands, since I had marked a copy of mail communications to FCA CRM boss also:

सर कभी हमे भी सेवा का मौका दीजिये Fiat को ईमेल मत भेजा करिए क्यूंकि वोह एकदम से सोचते हैं की हम सर्विस नहीं दे रहे हैं, though I never mentioned anything in my emails that could have hinted anything negative about ASSC.

This just shows (as personal experience) that Fiat is apparently taking customer satisfaction wrt services seriously. Yes, certain parts availability could be a concern, but then FCA has to sort that out. Might as well extend some line of credit and stock some slow moving items at dealers end rather than stocking them at Pune, and causing delays. For me, the most surprising part was FCA personnel flying down from Mumbai for checking on 5 rusted bolts for which I had raised a ticket directly, and happened within 3 days (including weekends).
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 23, 2015, Original Post Date: Sep 23, 2015 ---
    I had emailed FCA CRM Boss about why they are not educating prospective customers about the strengths and hit competition below the belt. I do some changes on fiat-india website where they are highlighting few key things -- spares cost, strong body etc. Perhaps they need to hit competition below the belt more explicitly and highlight Honda like massive recalls and VW like scandals:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015